“Another Fabulous Vacation!”
Review of Sandy Shores

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian Rocks Beach
Sandy Shores
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Sorry, Ned and Myrtle for the late review on our stay last year (May 2011). My attempts to rebut another guest's negative comments resulted in my post being rejected. That being said, our second visit to Sandy Shores (May 2011) was everything the first visit in 2010 was - relaxing and peaceful. Just what a beach vacation should be! We stayed in Grandma's house this time and it was perfect! We think it's wonderful that Ned and Myrtle, our gracious hosts, live right on the property. It's great should you require anything. The cottages are immaculately well kept, spotlessly clean and are stocked with everyone one would require (save for food). The location is perfect for walking to restaurants, the drug store, etc. And it's right on the beach!!! As hosts, Ned and Myrtle are respectful, outgoing and generous. Everything one would expect a host to be. We have already booked for July 2012, and I have put a countdown calculator on my phone, counting down the days until we get there. See you soon, Ned and Myrtle!! :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SunSkySand
There are newer reviews for Sandy Shores

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Wonderful place and people. It was like being a private island resort. Ned and Myrtle were wonderful, very thoughtful and kind, can't wait to return. Andy and Linda.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank lindael17
Reviewed November 5, 2011

my children visited sandy shores in may and raved about it and about the owners, ned and myrtle.
We had a wedding in florida and had the good fortune to be able to rent at sandy shores for four nights.
the apartment was clean and perfectly furnished. we parked our car and were able to walk, not only on the beach but to restaurants and stores. The access to the beach was footsteps away and the sunsets were lovely.
Ned, Myrtle and other guests we met were gracious and helpful.
One afternoon, i sat on the beach, watching the sunset and the light on the ocean and just a few people out walking. it felt as if i was letting all the cares in the world drift away.
excellent referral by the children!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pnine
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Our trip to Sandy Shores was wonderful. It was exactly what we were looking for. We love the beach, but in the past few years have gotten frustrated with the commercialized nature of most beaches. We wanted a simple, quiet vacation where it was easy to RELAX. This place was exactly that. It was impeccably clean, which is definitely a big thing for me since I work at a hospital, and am a little OCD when it comes to cleanliness. Ted and Myrtle live on the property, and were very inviting and informative. Ted told us that while we were staying that we were family, and they make you feel very much at home. The beach only has a handful of people on it at any given time which was a much desired change from the overpopulated beaches we have become accustomed to. If homey relaxation in traditional Florida fashion is what you are looking for, this place is perfect for you...I know it was for us.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JRSmith18
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Sorry for the late review but I found grandma's house right now on this page. I´m surprised that criticism of the previous speaker.
Of course, the owners also live there and it is their right to take care of their property and also something to say. But if you deal respectfully with others property so that wouldn´t be a problem.
In addition, there are enough pictures and everyone knows what to expect. So there is no reason to do it after bad.

We were on honeymoon and after New York City and San Francisco this (too short) week was a wonderful conclusion to a wonderful trip. For me, this place is like paradise. I knew it already and it has once again confirmed, after 12 years. Myrthle and Ned are really very nice and helpful. The other reviews have not exaggerated. Also, it helped us a lot that Myrthle is German and could eliminate some language barriers ;o). So I hope that this review is somewhat understandable, because our English is not the best. The entire holiday was perfect, so we´ll repeat it almost, to our wedding day, will visit New York again, and then Grandma's House .... but then 2 weeks :o))! Has already been scheduled and I can not wait until this long year is over. Many thanks to Myrthle and Ned ... you gave our trip a great degree.

Carry on as usual .... so many people can´t be wrong!!!

Many regards .... Werner and Doris

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TampFlo
Reviewed July 11, 2011

The main thing you have to know about this place is that the owners live on the property. They will harp on you all trip about every little thing. The grounds looked horrible. They could do so much with this property. It has a lot of potential. Next door the Colonial Court Resort is much nicer and the prices are comparable. Their landscaping is amazing. I wished I would have known about that place. I talked to a guest that was staying there and he raved about it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank Jason7785
Reviewed June 8, 2011

From the moment we were welcomed by Ned and Myrtle, we knew we had found paradise. Their warm hospitality made us feel at home immediately. The cottage was perfect; impeccably clean and charming. The complex was so adorable with little alcoves of seating and grilling areas equipped with quirky little decorations and gorgeous flora. The night time blooming flowers high in the palm trees were amazing. Ned shared not only his grilled steelhead trout with us but also the recipe. We enjoyed a golf clinic with him and shared time with his guitar and singing. A short walk through the dunes lies the incredible Indian Rocks Beach with its crystal clear waters where fish and shells abound. I have traveled a lot and this is by far one of my favorite places on earth.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank maretry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Rocks Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 4 in Indian Rocks Beach
Gulfside Resorts
#1 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Sun N Fun Beachfront Vacation Rentals
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach

Been to Sandy Shores? Share your experiences!