“Could be better could be worse”

Gulf Towers Resort Motel
st.petersburg, fl
“Could be better could be worse”
Reviewed July 4, 2010

We actually came here because st.pete beach and treasure Island hotels were all booked for the 4th of july weekend, but actually I think it worked out for the best. We got a beach view room on the 2nd floor for a 100bucks a night, all the other hotels else where wanted a arm and leg for a beach view and even charged extra for our 2 kids which is bs. This hotel is old but they seem to have tried to update a few things, its got a mix feel in the room, some things were updated and others are old as my great grandma. The room was clean,smelled alittle musty but it went away or we just simply got used to it. The beds were comfy and soft, the room came with a microwave,2 burners and dishes. Dishes were has old as my great grandpa but hey they did the job so I seen past the oldness to them. The bathroom was average and simple nothing special,could use some updateing but Ive seen worse. There are too gas grills down stairs which was nice. The pool is clean and seemed maintaned and there is lounge chairs around it. The best part is the view from the balcony, the beach is close enough to hear the waves and walk to in literally a min or less. I have stayed in better updated hotels but for a big price. This hotel wasnt that bad of a stay at all, I really dont have any complaints that made my stay bad, if your down to earth and can see past the little things its a pleasent stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Just looking for a 2-night stay, so most other places were minimum stay. The first problem is that they have "resort" in the name...hardly! It was clean enough, but absolutely no extras, even charged for ice! Thin, thread-bare towels. Had lots of rules posted, but no enforcement. Kids under 14 unaccompanied in pool, making puddles all through the hallway. The location was about the only plus, within walking distance from CVS and great restaurants. Would never stay again or recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Indian Rocks Beach hotels

orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 19, 2010

we flew in some family and drove here from orlando for my sons birthday weekend, great location, if you like to be right on the beach, and a heated pool! free wi-fi, the down side to this is.... the elevator looked like it was made in the 70's... i rode in it ONCE and was afraid it was going to drop and any second we were on the second floor so just took the stairs.... paid 140 a night to see the street and crabby bills so the next night we switched rooms to have an ocean view for $15 more... the rooms are nice, beds are comfortable, no breakfast in the morning though... at that price they could give a little someting up...overall pretty nice, enjoyable and pleasent... there is a CVS across the street which is nice if you forgot something like we did, and they have a few gift items as well

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed March 3, 2010

This is a quiet older motel right on the beach,close to restuarants, drug store bus service etc. It was run down after the original owners sold,and appears to have changed hands again and has received a facelift
The new management is doing a great job.The building has been freshly painted both
inside and out,new carpets, different furniture, new linens and drapes, heated pool,daily maid service and pleasant staff. all this and still reasonable rates.
This is an excellent choice for older travellors. business persons and couples there are also reduced rates for stays of a month or more.
I have enjoyed my stay at Gulf Towers, unfortunately my holiday ends this week. I did feel that having read some of the adverse reviews I should write this before leaving.Will I recommend it to my friends, you bet I will.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank TorontoMay
ohio
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Actually pretty dumpy,Ive been here maybe 12 times,But we guys dont care about the bads parts.Family, stay away

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank OhioTanman
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Well, we came down to Tampa at the last minute on Fourth of July weekend, so finding a hotel for the weekend was impossible. When we arrived here and they had a room open, it should have been a warning. Where do I begin? I will start out that the staff was very friendly to me, unlike other reviews I read. We walked in to the hotel and the thread bare, dirty carpeting with an old disgusting dilapidated couch in the hallway should have been a warning. We took the elevator, because we had luggage, and we double checked to make sure the inspection sign off was there, because the one floor elevator trip was that scary. We arrived at our room, musty, smoky, and stale smelling. It was not pleasant. The bed spread, sheets, and curtains, (how much does it really cost to modify these items!!!)..where all disgusting to say the least, the thread bare towels, well those where outstanding too. I believe it did appear that the carpeting was newer. The furniture at best was cheap 25 year old poor quality hotel furniture. The parking lot was behind small, luckily enough we did get a space. Our saving grace was Crabby Bills, a wonderful bar and grill across the street, which we closed down so we did not have to stay in our room so long!!!! This hotel did have beautiful beach front property, I do not understand how it has not been renovated or torn down due to its location.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2009

During a Florida Beaches road trip, I was passing through the Clearwater area looking for a place to stay on the beach. I happened upon the gulf towers - great location, on the beach and near a bunch of restaurants. The hotel was old, old furniture, old building - but the location was great and the rooms were clean. There was also a pool which appeared to be well maintained. Again, if you put yourself in the mindset of camping without a tent - this is the place for you. Efficiency kitchen, great views - see here (www.bit.ly/beachexaminer) and great location on Indian Rocks Beach. Front desk staff was great, and gave me the keys to two rooms to check out before I signed up. I chose the $90 ocean front room instead of the $70 parking lot view room.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Rocks Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 4 in Indian Rocks Beach
The Hotel Sol
The Hotel Sol
#1 of 4 in Redington Beach
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Largo-Clearwater
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
Belleair Beach Resort
Belleair Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Belleair Beach
Sun Burst Inn
Sun Burst Inn
#1 of 1 in Indian Shores

Been to Gulf Towers Resort Motel? Share your experiences!