“RE: Sea Star was my "Room in the Inn" for Christmas.”

Sea Star Motel & Apts.
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was going to be alone for Christmas--my first, and decided to go to the Beach., sensing that would be less painful. I found Sea Star Motel, or maybe it found me. Betty Ann and Bruce could not have been better hosts. I felt cared for. Their suggestions were great; they provided chairs and umbrella for the beach; they took care of any necessities promptly, and above all, were gracious in manner--a pleasure to know..Their Christmas decorations and giving spirit (I received a Christmas Card from them.) gave me my Merry Christmas. I found a peace that I did not expect. And I am very grateful.

My efficiency was not a motel/condo space--sterile/bland-- like thousands anywhere. In contrast, the room was a little cottage in Craftsman style--homey, pleasant, very clean, and inviting. Betty Ann's decorating/furnishings were lovely. I had planned on staying only two weeks, but Sea Star became my home-- with the Gulf nearby, an Episcopal Church within walking distance, fresh sea-food available, interesting restaurants, and beach to walk on--and so, I decided to stay a full month. And I do not regret the decision at all. Sea Star was a life saver.

I will return.

Rick Campbell----Valrico

Room Tip: Each room/apt. is in a different style. Have Bruce/Betty Ann describe them to you.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Our first visit to Sea Star hopefully will start an annual tradition. My wife and I were delighted with the accommodations and the friendly atmosphere of the guests and the hosts. We stayed for two weeks in one of the efficiency units that was well equipped with a king size bed and two recliners. It was very clean. Access to the beach was a short walk across the street - perfect for morning walks on the beach or just walking over to watch the beautiful sunset. Bruce and Betty Ann are wonderful hosts and will help in any way they can to make your stay enjoyable. We were even invited to an outdoor breakfast in the courtyard given by the long-term guests with the help of Bruce and Betty Ann. Would highly recommend the Sea Star.
Dan W.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan W
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We and another couple spent two nights in the two-bedroom Wooden Rabbit Cottage at Sea Star. Queen bed in one BR, two twins in the other. Comfortable, homey atmosphere with TWO recliner chairs in the living room (made the guys happy) and a futon couch (folds out into a bed). Clean overall including utensils in the well-stocked small kitchen. Excellent location close to the beach and restaurants. Talked with another guest at Sea Star, he has been spending his winters there for 11 years. That sort of loyalty speaks volumes about the owners! Keep in mind that this is an older property with smaller rooms...but it is a terrific value for the price. Compared to the "condo canyon" further north at Clearwater Beach, Indian Rocks Beach has a more relaxed atmosphere, which we enjoyed. Wish we could have spent the entire week...hope we can return!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We had drove down from Boston in November in search of some R & R and fine dining.
We had found this place about 10:00 p.m. after long drive. What caught our eye was
across from the beach and lots nearby restaurants. The next morning upon waking up
we really noticed in daylight what a DUMP. The floors were filthy, strange odor, roaches and ants in the
kitchen and RATS outside around the garbage area. Also we were awaken during the night from what appeared to be a young lady with all types of company if you know what I mean.
The pillows stunk so bad we had to go get ours out of the car. Need I say anymore, DO NOT RECOMMEND PERIOD. YUCK. HOW DISGUSTING !!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Rose B
seastar1948, Owner at Sea Star Motel & Apts., responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

We were quite shocked by the review called awful. Betty Anne and I do all of our own cleaning, floors are all tile in the efficiencies, and we vacume and then mop or swifter the floors and towel dry the floors. We do have orange trees near by and have seen fruit rats in the area, I set traps when I see them or some one tells me about them, and I usually remove the problem. I checked my reservations for November and had no one with the name a Rose staying here, so I assume that it is an assumed name. Sorry they did not find us an enjoyable stay, most people like the motel and apartments. We take pride in each room when we are done cleaning, and if we are made aware of a problem we take care of it right away. Bruce (0wner)

Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband and I needed a little rest and relaxation and we absolutely loved our stay at the Sea Star Motel. We stayed in a one bedroom that was quite spacious and fully equipped for every need. I loved that I could just grab a chair and walk a few paces to the beautiful beach. The owners, Bruce and Betty Anne, will make you feel at home in minutes! There is so much to do and see in the area and the restaurants are phenomenal! We cannot wait to make a return visit!

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tamara h
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I had the privledge of spending 10 wonderful days here at the Sea Star with my mom and dad. The rooms were so comfortable and clean. We felt very much at home there. Betty Anne and Bruce are such wonderful caring people with hugh hearts. The beach is only a short walk away and the sunsets at night are amazing. The island is beautiful and it is just a wonderful place to relax and enjoy some stress free living. You won't be disapointed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank babs0419
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Lori Henderson and I stayed at this very warm, friendly and comfortable motel for about a week in August 2011. Right across the street was the ocean and next door was Guppies, a very nice seafood restaurant.
Bruce and Betty are the best hosts and treat you like family especially your dog.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tom p
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Rocks Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
#1 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Sun Burst Inn
Sun Burst Inn
#1 of 1 in Indian Shores

Been to Sea Star Motel & Apts.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sea Star Motel & Apts.

Address: 1805 Gulf Blvd, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785-2955
Location: United States > Florida > Indian Rocks Beach
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Indian Rocks Beach
Price Range: $70 - $110 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Sea Star Motel & Apts. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Sea Star Motel & Apts. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sea Star Motel And Apts.