“Good place to have a beer and eat”

JD's Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice place, cheap draft beer at $2,00 and large and good choice on the menu + good live music, i will go back for sure the next time.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The food was good...service was not. Waitress was the only one there it seemed. She was so very friendly, nice place, but oh so slow, and we were just about the only ones in the place.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Grea beach familly restaurant!!! Elvis has been there!!! Try. The mussels and the one pound burger!! Friendly good looking host...

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Ate there several mornings, within walking distance from the Great Heron Inn. Great breakfast with good service. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I read about this restaurant in a listing of places to get a good Early Bird Dinner. The prices were reasonable, though the quantity was on the skimpy side. The food was not great. Nothing horrible. Just not particulary good. The side salad was just lettuce, carrots and what looked like imitation bacon bits. My husband's clam chowder was watery with lots of carrots. Very few potatoes and I'm not sure there were any clams. No flavor. The french fries were frozen. The fish dinner was three small pieces. Not very good. The crab cakes were large enough, but I'm not sure there was a lot of crab in them. They were missing something on the flavor side.

We were waited on quickly and the food was served promptly, but it took FOREVER to get our check when we were finished. The restaurant was busy, so obviously somebody likes them, but they didn't have enough servers for the crowd. I was annoyed to see that they charged a $1 "shared plate charge" because I ask for a plate to share with my child. Besides being ridiculous, it should have been mentioned up front. I would have probably just gone to another restaurant on principle.

The bad karoke was too loud everytime the door to the back porch was opened. I will definitely eat elsewhere in the future.