“This is my new favorite place to go”

Guppy's on the Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Guppy's on the Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 17th Avenue
Transit: Trolley Mile Marker, 17 1/2.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The small plates are excellent. We ate there on three occasions and not once had a bad meal. Recommend reservations on the weekend. The shrimp and cheesy grits are not to be overlooked, excellent.

1  Thank gavinssidekick
There are newer reviews for Guppy's on the Beach

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Only get here about once or twice a year! Always good food and service! Wish we lived closer so I could come by more frequently

1  Thank joyces680
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Guppys on the Beach had always been a favorite. Not anymore! We made reservation on a Thursday night, but still had a 15 minute wait for a table for two. The inside dining area was extremely noisy with some woman singing children's songs at the top of her voice and others in her party laughing loudly. When we were seated it was a small table infront of the kitchen door. They were short of menues and when we finally got them one had the menu from the previous night. We requested a wine list which never came. They have a policy of adding an automatic 15% service charge(tip) regardless of the service. We left before getting the right menu, and will not return.

2  Thank MCL925
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Great service, excellent food always. Everything from the salad to the soup to the entree is always incredible. We have been visiting IRB since our children were small and a trip to Guppy's is always a must. Never once have we been disappointed with the food or service.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Hum, what's not to like? Never had a bad meal in this place. I loved and crave the mussels (I live in Colorado) and everything I have ever tried on the menu. I think about this place regularly and can't wait to get back to the coast for a GREAT meal. I miss you Guppy's! I've eaten here about 6 times and each meal was memorable and delish! Love the flavored teas, too.