“Delicious Food. Nice Atmosphere.”

Guppy's on the Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Guppy's on the Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 17th Avenue
Transit: Trolley Mile Marker, 17 1/2.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've been to Guppy's several times for lunch. I love all of their salads. My husband had the grouper and he said it was delicious...cooked and seasoned perfectly. The outdoor tables are fun on cooler days. The inside decor is contemporary with vaulted ceilings. I have never eaten dinner at Guppy's. It is always busy...which says to me that dinner must be as good as lunch!

1  Thank Kimb01
Write a ReviewReviews (1,844)

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just loved this spot . It's casual yet a bit nicer than some of the similar type restaurants we have been to in this area. You can have the choice of a light lunch which I enjoyed. I had the crab cakes with a side of brown and wild rice and a pineapple martini. My husband absolutely loved the Baja beef sandwich .Our waiter Robert could not have been any nicer. He went out of his way to help us with the menu and telling us about the area. We are only here for a week but plan to be back.

1  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Guppy’s is not on the beach, as their name implies, which has been pointed out in a few other reviews. It is across the street from a paid public parking lot that provides access to the beach. You can’t see the beach from the restaurant. There are no restaurants in that immediate area that are actually on the beach. The beach side of Gulf Boulevard is all residential. However, after dinner you can stroll over to watch the sunset on the beach, which we sometimes do.

Our experiences at Guppy’s have always been very good. We generally go there for dinner and have enjoyed everything we’ve ordered. Their seafood entrées are especially good and, over time, we have tried most of the offerings. I have also had the New York Strip, which was prepared exactly the way I like it (rare) and very flavorful. All of the entrées come with salad, vegetables, and another side of your choosing. The roasted garlic mashed potatoes is my favorite side dish.

Finding a place to park can be difficult during peak dinner hours, especially in the winter tourist season. There have been a few times we could not find a parking space and went elsewhere. However, they do provide valet parking, if you wish to use that service.

Overall, Guppy’s provides excellent food at reasonable prices for the area, their servers are friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere is very pleasant. We normally sit outside, but the inside seating is very pleasant as well. We have been going there for several years and will continue to do so.

1  Thank AldebaranFlorida
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is the fifth time I have been to Guppy's.. each and every time the food and chief have been exceptional! The service perfect .. Its truly a treat to try something new each time we go as you will never be disappointed with the flavors of the food. And better yet , after a great lunch . stroll across the street and walk on the beautiful beach to walk off the wonderful food. It was my Moms 78th Birthday Tuesday and our waitress went above and beyond to make our lunch wonderful..

Thank you for the great food and service...

The Lopresti's

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were expecting this to be beach side - -I don't even think you can see the beach from there. Food and service were just OK. The restaurant itself was very nice, and somewhat elegant. We felt the prices for lunch were rather high. The place was busy though.