“Reasonable prices and specials”
Review of JDs

JDs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 5, 2014

When you enter from the front door, take a look to your right. There is a vintage cigarette machine that still works! Straight out of the Rat Pack days! My husband opted for the AUCE fish fry and I ordered the early bird crab cakes. Our server had bragged on how good the chowder was, but I found it to be all potatoes. My crab cakes were good as was the price, but the fish fry was a bit lacking. They need to add some seasoning to coating used on the fish.
This may seem a bit trivial, but both the tartar and cocktail sauces were very bad. They were both of the store bought variety and not a very good brand at that! We did visit J.D.'s again on Wednesday for their $1.00 burger. The basic burger is $1.00 and there is a list on the table of add-on ingredients and cost per add-on. Still a very nice basic burger for $1.00. It was too hot for us to venture to the patio but on both of our visits the place was hopping!

1  Thank LIBO_104

Reviewed July 29, 2014

An extensive breakfast menu with everything you could imagine (no waffles though). Very tasty and quite reasonable.

2  Thank chrissel
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Four of us went for dinner our server was awesome. 2 of us had oysters which were fresh and a reason to return. The other 2 not so happy with our meals. There was entertainment inside and in the outside bar with a lot of dancing. Would go again for the bar and oysters.

1  Thank sdt1128
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for burger, but disappointed with quality. Burger would have been better if they would use real cheese instead of velveta cheese spread. I also ordered potato skins and they were served with velveta as well. My wife had grouper sandwich which was good and she really liked the sweet corn. I have to say the service was outstanding.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The place was really loud and the food was nothing worth mentioning.Our waitress seemed to keep mixing our order with another table.Don't plan on ever going back.Kind of pricey too.