“Another Wonderful Vacation at the Colonial Court Inn”
Review of Colonial Court Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian Rocks Beach
Colonial Court Inn
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was about our seventh visit to the Colonial Court Inn. I've lost count now, because it has become our home away from home. We stay in unit #4, known as the "Heart", each time we visit because, like I said before, it's just like coming home. Jim and Laura are the owners and a more cordial couple you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere. The beach is right in your front yard here, and it is a beautiful and safe. So sit back in the shade of the Australian pines, or bask in the sun. Either way, you'll fine the Colonial Court Inn a comfortable and relaxing "home of your own".

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank chukfort

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a small, nicely-landscaped property, on the busiest block in Indian Rocks Beach, across Gulf Boulevard from the CVS and an open-air bar. Several restaurants are in walking distance. On the beach side of the property, there is a nice picnic area with pavilion and grill, and a private access to the beach across the dunes, with beach chairs available. There is one parking space available for each of the six apartment units.

We stayed in unit #1, “The Indian”. It had dated interiors, but a very good TV set (and some audio equipment). The bathroom looked to be 1960’s vintage. The tiny kitchen was well-equipped, but with small appliances and no dishwasher. The noisy air-conditioner had to be turned off at night so we could sleep. The erratic wall unit heater was insufficient to keep the unit comfortable when the night temperatures went down into the 50’s. To get out of our parking space, we had to back out onto Gulf Boulevard. The live entertainment across the street played every night until 10 o’clock.

Room Tip: The units on the beach side should be quieter, and some have more amenities, according to the brochu...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack37
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been going to this oasis for the past 18 years. Yes the beach is beautiful and the accommodations are clean, comfortable and appropriate. More than that the spirit of the place and the owners gives me rest and peace. I was married in 2012 and we spent my honeymoon there and I could not imagine going anywhere else. The sunsets, a free trolley or easy walk to great restaurants and attractions and of course Crabby Bills Seafood right across the street, make the location ideal.

Jim and Laura have built something very special at the Colonial Court Inn and if you have the opportunity to experience it you will keep going back. We will.

Room Tip: Romance in unit 5A, Spacious comfort in unit 5. Great views of the Gulf of Mexico from both!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank seshipley
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We recently stayed in the Bay & Beach 1 BR canal-front cottage. As other posts described...the owners thought of everything. Washer/dryer, dishwasher, iron, hair dryer, beach towels, cooler, bicycle, granite counter kitchen, your own patio with BBQ, even the morning paper and coffee! Located in a very quiet residential area off Gulf Blvd., with easy access to beach, shops, restaurants.

Room Tip: This accommodation was not on the beach but a close second. Great value.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had only have wonderful things to say about this place and it's owners! As I walked into the unit, I felt so at home. It was clean, quaint, and very well equipped. The Garden was nice as well as the beach access right around the garden. I did not have to take anything that pertained to the beach except oil! The chairs, beach towel and umbrella's were provided! It was so great not to have to use up more space in the trunk of my MUSTANG..(it has little space as it is! LOL)! AS I was leaving, I accidently ripped off my silver bracelet that I had bought while there as a souvenir...I called back and left a message, and Laurie called me back;she had looked for and found my bracelet. I will be coming back...LOVED IT!

Room Tip: Our room was "The Garden" without the Gulf view...HOWEVER...it is sooooo close...you don...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KatMitchell
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We spent the last week here and absolutely fell in love with this cosy out of the way little gem of a place. The views were spectacular, it was very secluded, we felt like we had our own beach as it was so quiet and relaxing. We could not have asked for a better place to spend our time. We will return again next year as this is a once in a lifetime spot to find. We feel like we found a lost treasure as it is one of the best places we have been to over the years. We saw dolphins every morning so close we could almost touch them, that was amazing. We didn't even need a car as everything we needed was a stone's throw away.
Jim and Laura are the kindest people too, very warm and caring about their guests, thanks!
We highly recommend Colonial Court Inn!

Room Tip: Next time we will stay at one of the apartments in the front wth a beach view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon N
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We enjoyed a very nice, relaxing anniversary vacation, staying at the Colonial Court Inn at Indian Rocks Beach. Our apt was "the Indian", It was very homelike and comfortable. It made coming back to the apt feel like coming home. Nothing stuffy or unwelcoming about the place. My favorite thing was the beach. I loved getting up early every morning, walking through the garden, down to the beach for long walks. It was late Sept, and the beach was undergoing beach restoration but it was a minor inconvenience to walk down 1/2 block down to enter when the work was by the Inn. I picked up hundreds of shells. It was amazing how many large shells were left after high tide! The sunsets were beautiful too. The Inn is at the perfect location, centrally located and right on the Suncoast trolley route. We took advantage of the transportation and left our car parked at our assigned spot at the Inn the whole time and rode the trolley, ($4.50 each per person per day) to explore Passe de Grille to Clearwater. .We could not have found a more perfect spot. We will definately be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side, face the ocean but the rest of the rooms are only a few yards from the beach...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple