“Plumlee realty great, residence of building awful.”
Review of Reef Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian Rocks Beach
Reef Club
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We are a family of four including to young children and rented a unit through Plumlee realty at the Reef Club. We were very pleased with Plumlees service, BUT I was absolutely infurated with the residents of this building. We were issued two parking permits for the building upon arrival. Our unit had one assigned space. We have family in the area and invited relatives over for dinner. We gave them a guess pass and instructed them to park in the un-assigned guest parking. Unfortunately they were greeted by an obnoxious resident from the third floor who proceeded to yell down to them entering the lot that they were trespassing and could not park in the lot. They explained they were visiting tenants of the building but were berated again with an obnoxious tone regarding trespassing. Finally after again having to un-nessesarily explaining themselves a second time this self-rightous bafoon, simply said "oh" and walked away, He never apologized for his accusing embarrasing tone all in full view of other tenants. These guests of ours were in thier sixties and by no means looked the part of trespassers. On a second occasion I parked our vehicle in an assigned space and exited to walk to our stairway to the condo. Another resident who was un-packing a car, confronted me and asked if I was a tenant of the building. I responded I was but was met by "what unit?", which I answered but then inquired if this individual was management of the building. He then back tracked and responded "no, I just live here but we have alot of people using our beach". Should this nosey tenant had bothered to walk approximately 10 feet to the vehicle I just exited he would have not only seen that I was parked in an assigned space but clearly had my parking permit issued by Plumlee realty plainly displayed on the dash. Again this confrontation occured in front of other guests and was embarrasing having to defend my presence in the building. This same type of situation occured another 3 or 4 times in a 10 day span. I would never rent in this building again, and for those tenants who depend on income from rental units in this complex, I would imagine these people will be costing you money. While I defend permanant residents the right to protect thier building, a little tact, and quite frankly class would go a long way. Then again a little patience or common sense before confronting paying guests would too. ( It should be noted we were staying in September and over three quarters of the building was empty, the lot was practically vacant.)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
21  Thank reaganite240

Reviewed June 1, 2011

My family and I rented Reef Club units #508 and #509 for our vacation. My
parents, my sister and her family, my husband and our kids....altogether 6 adults
and 5 children. We just had a wonderful time. Both units are owned by Rick and
Charlotte Gonzalez, who recently purchased and completely renovated #508.
(Previous bad reviews of this unit on Trip Advisor should be disregarded.)
There were so many nice features in both units: shutters and heavy curtains to
shut out the intense afternoon sun, comfortable beds, a chaise in each master
bedroom for readers, new or nearly new appliances, beach towels and umbrellas,
toys for the children, plus all the kitchen utensils that any gourmet cook could
wish. The decor has obviously been given careful attention, with lots of silk
plants. Having the units side by side was obviously a great advantage to us,
but we would highly recommend either of these units to vacationers.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank lcalligaro
Reviewed March 30, 2011

This is my third year staying at the Reef Club. It has a decent location on the beach. However the building is in much need for maintenance and up-grade.
The biggest deal breaker is people reserving pool furniture, they run out there at 8:00 and the pool man allows it even when there are signs every where saying not to do it......Lot's of kids in the hot tub and people at the pool after closing time making noise.
NOT BOOKING HERE AGAIN, THEY NEED TO ENFORCE RULES OR TRIPLE THE POOL FURNITURE.
Also avoid the third week of March when all the hillbilly's from Indiana are here.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank hotshotlawyer
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I just returned from a trip to the Reef Club with my husband and two teenagers. I'll start with the positive aspects first. The unit itself is very spacious and beautiful. The view could not be beat and the sunsets were unbelievable. There were three bedrooms and two well appointed bathrooms, four tvs as well as free wi fi and long distance to the US and Canada. The location is awesome - within walking distance to restaurants and convenience stores. The beach was lovely and the water was perfect. The cons - the unit was filthy. There was a used tampon in the master bedroom garbage on our arrival. There were chips in the master bathroom en suite sink and dirty fingerprints all over the cupboards and closet doors in the entire unit. The floor in the kitchen had food stuck to it. In all fairness, this may be the fault of the cleaning company who looks after that particular unit - because the grounds were well kept. This is the deal breaker - there were signs everywhere that explicitly said "NO reserving pool chairs" - "NO kids with diapers in the pool" - "NO one under 13 in hot tub". Guess what? EVERYONE reserved a pool chair with their towels at 8:00 am and then took off for hours leaving none for anyone else, there were babies in the pool constantly and kids waaayyyy under the age of 13 in the hot tub. We were not able to acquire a seat around the pool without a lot of effort and I didn't get to go into the hot tub once. There simply were not enough chairs and people refused to obey the rules. If I am paying 1500-1700 per week, I think it is fair to expect to be able to swim in or sit at the pool. There was no office/management on site to deal with these very important issues. My teenagers didn't care and spent their time at the beach - so they loved the place. I personally will not be back, but I would recommend this place to parents of small children, young children or teenagers who don't care if they get a seat by the pool or relax in the hot tub.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank MimiatOttawa
Reviewed March 17, 2011

We have been staying at Reef Club for probably 8 or 9 years! We just returned from Rick and Charlotte's place, #508 (they also own the one next door to this one.) The condo is beautiful! So tastefully decorated and completely redone. Bedding was great and everything is new. And the view from this condo is fantastic. We saw the dolphins swimming in the ocean from our porch and the sunsets were excellent. Rick was in contact with us upon arrival checking on our satisfaction. Sherif, owner of #202, is also great! The condo is constantly being updated. And Sherif cares about his tenants; always checks on satisfaction of his tenants. Location is great for Reef Club. Out of all of the Spring Break traffic but close enough to partake if you so choose. Food is great in the area-PJ's, Crabby Bills, Red Lion. We will return.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank klee1004
Reviewed January 19, 2011

We love Reef Club. L-shape overlooks the gulf, pool, hot tub, tennis courts and natural gas cooking grills. If you have kids, this place just rocks. Most nights you will find guys cooking dinner - timing is everything to get a grill so if you miss your turn open up the chips and salsa and have another beer because you are on vacation.

Now these units are privately owned so some are old and tired and others more up to date. Check out photos online and ask questions. We've been 3-years running and going back for a 4th.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank southhaventravelers
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Location is great and amenities at the Reef Club are very good. Beach is beautiful. The interior of unit 202 of the Reef Club is very nice and clean and added to the enjoyment of the trip. I would highly recoimmend this unit.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Rocks Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Prestige Collection Harbourside at Marker 33
Prestige Collection Harbourside ...
#4 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
#1 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Sunshine Cozy Cottages
Sunshine Cozy Cottages
#7 of 12 in Indian Rocks Beach

Been to Reef Club? Share your experiences!