“Great Location, Small older Time-share Condo, very spacious rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cameron Cove

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian Rocks Beach
Cameron Cove
Iowa
“Great Location, Small older Time-share Condo, very spacious rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

The furnishings & carpet had been updated, but the fixtures and finishes rather dated. The staff was pleasant and helpful, the Sunday AM donuts & coffee had the BEST scrumptious long johns & donuts around!!! The large full-sized pool temp varied every day, and at different times, sometimes cool, sometimes warm; nice for lap swimming, 3ft - 6 ft. The huge hot-tub was always wonderfully warm, never very crowded. Beach was nice, but too cool for swimming, unless you have a wetsuit, and even then you don't want to be out much longer than half hour, about 55 - 60 degrees, calm waters for a few days, then high surf for several days, good for wind surfing. The unit was minimally stocked, with small toiletries and detergents. The coin-op laundry on 2nd floor was easy to access. Detergent sold in the office, limited hours open. A "trolley" bus ran up & down the coast to all the beach towns, very cheap way to get around. Lots of diners & shops north, in Clearwater Beach area and south of the resort. A few restaurants nearby too, plus a CVS that had lots of misc. things. Mini-golf at Smugglers Cove was fun, plus free 2nd person coupons through Feb. if you register on their web site. All in all, I would not go to this area in winter, just too cold to enjoy these beautiful beaches, the resort was a good value though with great beach & pools.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tln3311

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

We don't own here. We only rented a week. The room was nice and clean. I have never seen so many trashy people in one place. It seemed many people were from the Tampa area and invited all of their friends to come and use the facilities. They also let owners use the facilities when it is not there week, which I don't understand why. On Sunday the pool was packed and over 75% of the people had visitor wristbands on. There were cars broken down in the parking lot. I was in the pool with my young daughter and two old lady's in room 103 were in the balcony using the "F" in every other sentence. I have never rented as a time share place before, so I am not sure if they are always like this or not. I won't go back. The internet does not work in the rooms and the grills were in very poor shape or didn't work.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank rmnroh
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

I own 3 consecutive weeks at Camaron Cove in April each year. We were looking for an alternative to a beach front cottage we used to rent until the costs increased too much. We have been to Camaron Cove for about 4 years now and although some of the rooms look tired, there is an ongoing effort to upgrade as money in the building fund becomes available. Last year all the kitchens were upgraded and renovated. This year all the washrooms will be addressed and upgraded. The pool is great and the perfect depth for kids learning to swim. My only beef is the time share owners who use the facility when it is not their week. This uses up lounge chairs and hot tub space and BBQ's and the people who are paying to stay there may end up have to wait for an open space. This isn't right, you should only be able to use the place when it is your week.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank yyz-pie
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

I went to the on property "hot tub" with my wife several times to relax, only to find it full of children under 12 years old complete with snorkel gear and floats. It is clearly posted NO CHILDREN. None of Cameron Cove seemed to care. This continued day and night.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank William0
aberdeen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

Spent a week at Cameron Cove- location is great, the apartment was perfect, we were four adults and two children and the apartment size was perfect, we had everything that we could want and the staff were very helpful. We were right on the beach and had a swimming pool on site What more could you want

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

We have been going to Cameron Cove since 1992 not a year has passed without at least one of our holidays at Cameron Cove. After reading the reviews from one or two previouse guests I felt I had to write my first review ever. We own 3 weeks at different times of the year here, I have ALWAYS found the staff to be brilliant and extremley welcoming, it's like home from home. The size and value for money with the units and amenities available is excellent. The units have something updated every year and are kept very clean. The perfect beach holiday hideway. Jackie H from the UK.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jacfh
Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2009

My inlaws have owned a time share at Cameron Cove since it was opened and I have vacationed their since I met my wife (12 years). We purchased a week ourselves about 5 years ago so our children will have a week with their Grandparents at the beach. They live in Florida and we live in Georgia. That is the only reason we continue to go to Cameron Cove. Over the years the staff has become increalingly hostile to the guests. The guests have become an inconvenience to them. If they could manage the property with having to tolerate all of the strangers in their "house", they would be much happier. The management of the facility has lost site of the purpose of their jobs. Animosity towards owners should never be brought to bare. It is not a welcoming environment upon arriving. New management with a fresh outlook would be an inviting change. I cannot recommend Cameran Cove to anyone. Unless you are interested in purchasing a timeshare. I think I can find 2 for sale soon.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank boonie123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Rocks Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#1 of 4 in Indian Rocks Beach
Belleair Beach Club
Belleair Beach Club
#1 of 1 in Belleair Beach
Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key

Been to Cameron Cove? Share your experiences!