“would highly recommend”
Review of Great Heron Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Indian Rocks Beach
Great Heron Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 21, 2008

Stayed 3 nights. Very enjoyable stay. Had a 2nd floor gulfview suite. Pictures on website are very accurate. Very clean, nice people. Beach was cleaned of seaweed every day. Does not have some of the ammenities some might be used to, no shampoo, hair dryer. Would not hesitate to stay again

Stayed: February 2008
4  Thank LeighOhio

Reviewed September 25, 2007

We had family visit from out of town and the Heron was just the intimate & friendly sort of establishment we were seeking in order to spend time together. The Great Heron Inn was very reasonable in price, the staff was just wonderful (as were the other guests), the location could not be more ideal - we could see the gulf from the front of the room and the intracoastal from the balcony! I really feel it was the most complete beach experience I've had - and I'm a native Floridian! The pool was clean, the rooms were very comfortable, every guest we spoke with had a similar experience and some said they visit at least once a year! The motel really did provide all I could have asked for, and nature provided the rest... all in our group agreed we would like to come back again soon. The photos online really do not do the property justice. It's quiet, clean, very well-maintained, convenient to stores and restaurants, the landscaping is gorgeous... I loved it!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank FLBeachMom
Reviewed July 22, 2007

My wife and I were visiting family in central Florida and decided we needed a mini-beach vacation. We booked for July 4-6 and loved our little suite, actually pretty good sized studio like apartment.

When we flew into Tampa on July 1, we decided to go out to the beach and called the motel and they said, sure come on out. They gave us a parking pass and let us change in the laundry area without even staying that night, because we were booked for later in the week. VERY NICE!

The motel is old fashioned Florida with newer condos popping up all around. The beachfront was spacious and we had about 30 feet of beach to ourselves, even on July 4.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jimdel
Reviewed June 24, 2007

I had a great experience at the hotel. It was quite good. The pool and beach are always my favorite part of beachside stays but this hotel has great rooms too, although you should know better to go during Red Tide or hurricanes. I like the heron that the hotel is named after(you can often see it on the beach). I also like the fishing dock on the Intracoastal Waterway. All the rooms on the top have small balconies that are great if you want to just watch the Intracoastal or the gulf.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank Nooneinparticular43
Reviewed May 15, 2007

While I agree with others that this condo complex is quiet, small and intimate, I disagree with the clean comments. We stayed with the condo twice in two different years. The first time we stayed there, we found it to be an ok condo with great beach frontage. We loved the local heron who hangs on the front deck. After we had our first child, we went there again and had a bad experience. We had our baby napping in a bed and when she got up, I saw some tiny red marks on her legs. I went to the bed and pulled the sheets back and saw fleas! it was awful and I felt sick to my stomach for allowing my baby to sleep in the middle of it. I immediately informed the people at the front desk. They agreed that it was fleas and their solution was to sprinkle flea powder all over the entire suite. Not good enough for us. No way was I having an 8 month old daughter crawling around a floor that had flea powder sprinkled on it, even if it was to be vacuumed up. They did move us to another suite, after refusing to give us our money back. That room had wet carpet from recent storms and had a terrible musty odor. They came and shampooed the carpet while we were out but it never did smell ok. We dealt with it because it seemed clean enough.

One thing to mention...we paid for the room only after the guaranteed that no pets had ever been in the room because my husband has a terrible pet dander allergy. After we found the fleas, they admitted that a lady had her dog in there 2 weeks before because of a hurricane that had gone through and she needed a place for her and her dog to stay. We will never be going back to this place when you can get very nice, clean condos down the road for just a bit more money. (Our stay was in October 2004).

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank Carrie M
Reviewed March 27, 2007

My sister and I spent a weekend at this hotel. It is immaculately clean, small, unassuming, quiet, right on the beach, and the entire staff was warm, hospitable, and helpful. We arrived 3 hours early, and because the occupants of our room had checked out they made the room available to us in less than an hour. It was spring break and gratefully there wasn't a college student to be seen--perfect for older folks like us. This isn't a "party motel". This was a "girls" weekend out for us, and we always felt safe and secure. The guests were all older, friendly, and many had been returning to this place for years. The price, the location, the staff, and the very simple--but clean--rooms make this a real bargin. We hope to return next year and wouldn't consider going anywhere else. (JD's, a block away was a great place for breakfast!)

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank DocBG
Reviewed February 27, 2007

We stayed here a week ,,2kids 2 adults..I would like to keep it a secret...it is wonderful.....The staff, the owners...It was soooo clean and inviting..The pool was heated..the beach was magnificent..
everything was just wonderful...Not one complaint......
it is a 5 star Motel.....

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank Linwize47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Rocks Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Prestige Collection Harbourside at Marker 33
Prestige Collection Harbourside ...
#3 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Belleair Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Belleair Beach
DreamView Beachfront Hotel & Resort
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach

Been to Great Heron Inn? Share your experiences!