Great Heron Inn
$185
$161
Travelocity
Gulf Towers Resort Motel(Indian Rocks Beach)
$140
Travelocity
Belleair Beach Resort(Belleair Beach)
$188
$182
Travelocity
Belleair Village Motel(Largo)(Great Value!)
$75
Travelocity
Sun Burst Inn(Indian Shores)
$130
Hotels.com
$96
Sea Star Motel & Apts.(Indian Rocks Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfull kitchenbeach towelssand toys for the kidsit won't be my lastdying breedsmoking is allowedindian rocksdouble bedseparate bedroomextra towelsexcellent beachplaces to eat and shopour favorite place to staysmall apartmentheated poolhave stayed here several timestake great pride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed there over the holiday weekend as a last minute get away. It is an older building wih only a dozen or so units but it was a great place to stay and I'd definitely go back. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The location is perfect!! On the beach, walking distance to breakfast, dinner or drinks! The room was very clean and very affordable for all you get. Full kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. Great little old hotel with heated pool and beach access. They even provide beach towels, chairs and umbrella's for no additional charge. All you need to bring is your tired body for a very restful vacation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael S
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The great heron inn was a "fall back" when I couldn't get a nice balcony room in this area over Easter weekend.
I prepared myself for a less than perfect stay at a mom/pop hotel that was luckily beachfront (and we had the beach/ocean view room)
Reservations were handled pleasantly over the phone and confirmed via email.
Upon arriving the photos on trip advisor proved to be accurate, however I was extremely pleased when we entered our room. The space was clean through out. It appears that smoking is allowed but discouraged in the rooms. I did not notice any bad smells in our room except when doing a "sniff test" on a pillow and then it was very, very faint. We love open windows and I didn't notice any further odors past that.
The furniture is an eclectic mix of closely matching items - reminded me of good garage sale finds that you would use in a 2nd/vacation home.
We had a full and twin bed in the bedroom and pull out sofa for the 3 of us to use. The 1 bedroom was great for the 3 of us, except when the sofa was pulled out and others got up in the morning - then we resigned ourselves to the kitchen or outside patio/deck.
The kitchen was stocked for 5 people (room capacity) although there was really only room for 3 at the table. There are outside tables if you had a larger party. Utensils, dishes, and pans were adequate for basic cooking (which we did none of). There is a full size frig/freezer, stove, and microwave.
The pool water was crystal clean and kept warmed - lovely to dip in. There are plenty of beach chairs and loungers availabe - we never had issue and were able to relax privately with space inbetween the other guests.
The walk to the beach is clean and private from the building. We swam/floated in the ocean everyday, it would be wonderful for anyone wanting to just dip the toes or truly swim. The beach is clean, but not sterile. When we were there, garbage cans were picked up frequently on the beach.
The clientel at the Inn were a mix of retired (long term visitors I would guess) and families. There is a reasonable curfew that allowed us relaxing evenings and mornings (not that anyone got wild at any other time of the day).
I'm giving a 4 star based on what I paid. This is not the ritz, but just perfect for us. I will definitely consider returning to this Inn when I next visit the area.
You could stay here without a car and walk to some dining establishments, however we didn't feel any of the places were outstanding. There is a CVS a little ways up the road as well. There is a bus system/trolley that runs up/down the road that looks like it could work well, runs frequently. We had a car and did explore further beyond IRB, however most of our days were spent relaxing at the Inn.

Room Tip: We were in room 111, which is the south side ground level. You see more dunes than ocean, but it was great. I believe that there are really only 4 rooms here that would qualify as "ocean view". The top floor would truly allow a ocean view. The Lighthouse donut shop was good. It is an easy walk and nice way to start the day. They had a great variety and were always busy in the am.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank wkndfarm
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We booked at the Great Heron Inn because if its high rating on tripadvisor. Never were we so pleased with the system. This place is on the beach, clean, located near lots of great restaurants, and very friendly. The suites are the right size for two people and have what you need for more than a one nite stay. There is a coin-op washer and dryer and their mascot great blue heron is standing by the pool to wish you a good morning. I had never been to Florida, preferring the beaches and value of Veradero, but we liked this place so much that we booked for next year.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Canada_Reals
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Great Heron Inn is right on the Gulf of Mexico. Very friendly staff and clean apts. Beach chairs are available to take right down to the beach area. We've been coming down and staying here for 3 yrs.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cecmd
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I recently spent three nights at Great Heron Inn. The room was clean and had everything we needed to eat in, although there are a lot of places within walking distance to dine. The beach was perfect, nice for early am walks and afternoon sunbathing. The resident Heron hung out on the dunes outside the Inn. The sunsets were beautiful. My daughter and I took advantage of multiple free parks/walking paths in the area. I found Lighthouse donuts on my first morning beach walk. The staff was friendly and the other people staying there were friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family