“My stay was too short...beautiful beach and perfect location.”
Review of Great Heron Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Indian Rocks Beach
Great Heron Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I recently spent three nights at Great Heron Inn. The room was clean and had everything we needed to eat in, although there are a lot of places within walking distance to dine. The beach was perfect, nice for early am walks and afternoon sunbathing. The resident Heron hung out on the dunes outside the Inn. The sunsets were beautiful. My daughter and I took advantage of multiple free parks/walking paths in the area. I found Lighthouse donuts on my first morning beach walk. The staff was friendly and the other people staying there were friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank bstreitheron

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We just returned from a short visit (3 nights) at the Great Heron Inn. It was a wonderful experience....we are already planning a return visit.
The location right on Gulf Blvd. with beach access right outside your door is fantastic. it was lovely to walk on the beach in the early mornng and enjoy the beautiful Gilf sunsets. The small heated pool was very nice too. There are plenty of chairs and loungers to relax by the pool or at the beach. beach towels are provided too.
The room - actually a mini apartment with living room, full kitchen and bedroom - was extremely clean and well maintained. service was very friendly and responsive.
It was a lovely, quiet, friendly atmosphere in which to spend a few days away from the MW winter doldrums.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank bossfan59
Reviewed January 13, 2012

My friends and I have stayed here several times through the last few years. Returning this month, can't wait. I wouldn't stay anywhere else on the beach. The location is perfect, the beach right outside your door. Room are clean and equiped with everything you need. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. Many of my favorite places to eat and enjoy the beach close by. You won't be sorry if you choose to stay here. Enjoy!

Room Tip: I always choose room 126. I like the location and the beds are comfortable.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Sherry H
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This was a perfect affordable motel type accommodation right on the Gulf of Mexico. For beach lovers it is perfect, miles of soft icing- sugar like sand to walk and watch the dolphins at play. A little bus to go up and down the road when you don't feel like driving and restaurants with sports bars and entertainment in the evening, all within walking distance. It was quiet and comfortable, spotlessly clean and the daily room service was spot on. To Teena, David and Susan a big Thank you for helping two Canadian travellers feel comfortable and at home over the Christmas Holidays. Wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms may be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank digbyc
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This was perfect! We are not into the large chain hotels but like to stay at places with character and style. The beach was right outside our door and the owners couldn't have been nicer. We will be back again and again. Thanks for a great birthday!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I chose this spot because the pictures reminded me of the places of my childhood, small, two storied, on the beach without a skyscraper in sight. We stayed for three nights in a gulf-view room. The room was comfortable and we had everything we could have possible needed. The staff were wonderful, thanks Tina & Susan for making us feel at home. We walked the beach for miles, spent hours shelling, and had great food close by. Tina and her staff helped us all feel like family, and we had fun interacting with the other guests. It is a real community. Thanks for all the attention and information about the area.

Room Tip: You will not be in your room very much ... it's too beautiful to be indoors! Gulf View rooms do...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank raeann74
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Visited last year just me and hubby, this year returned with more family members. This time we stayed in the 3 bedroom apartment which had plenty of room for 5 of us - good sized living room and dining area, and 2 full bathrooms. We loved that we had a huge balcony overlooking the intracoastal and could also sit out by the door to our apartment, overlooking the pool and beach. It meant that we always had somewhere to sit outside in the shade at any time of day. Kitchen well equiped with dishwasher, microwave, toaster etc. Last visit we had a couple of minor issues with housekeeping but this time we had no problems at all. The staff are all really friendly and helpful and we love the location. As I said in my previous review, this is an older property and the furnishings are comfortable and homely rather than stylish, but we liked it just fine. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GenieEngland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Rocks Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
The Hotel Sol
The Hotel Sol
#1 of 4 in Redington Beach
Prestige Collection Harbourside at Marker 33
Prestige Collection Harbourside ...
#4 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Clearwater Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
Sun Burst Inn
Sun Burst Inn
#1 of 1 in Indian Shores

Been to Great Heron Inn? Share your experiences!