“friendly staff, family owned, decent quality.”
Review of Stefano's Italian Cuisine - CLOSED

Stefano's Italian Cuisine
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Petersburg FL
“friendly staff, family owned, decent quality.”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Love the atmosphere, Decent food quality, very friendly staff. The owner/chef will custom prepare a dish upon request. If your in a hurry go elsewhere, they take their time and don't rush the guests.

• Visited January 2013

Apple Valley, Minnesota
“So Much Fun!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I were vacationing in the Clearwater, Florida area and happened upon Stephano's Restaurant on Indian Rock Beach. The atmosphere is eclectic, the food very good and the service was EXCEPTIONAL. This is a family owned place where you can enjoy multiple, unhurried courses, paired with wine, port and laughter. We were very blessed to have the owner Evelyn serve our table. She was a major component of our delightful evening! Owner - chef Stefan also came to our table for a delightful conversation on food.You must try the Fiocchi as an appetizer or a main meal. This is a delicate pasta made into little purses stuffed with pears & ricotta in a light cream sauce. It was a new dish for us as seasoned travelers - it was delicious! The table next to us also raved about this dish. Stefan also makes the carbonara pasta correctlly per Italian tradition with egg yolks and not with cream. The desserts were varied, unique and wonderful. You must try their rasperry-chocolate port (from the local Murielle Vineyard). We bought two bottles to take home before we left for the evening. Our dinner experience was just plain FUN! We wish Stefan and Evelyn great success in their restaurant, which has been open for 4 years.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Patricia W
Sammamish, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Grandmother's Kitchen”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a wonderful little place reminiscent of Italian neighborhood restaurants in Baltimore's Little Italy, Manhattan's Upper West Side, or Boston's North End. It is a must check out place if you are looking for that eclectic experience: every table, china dish, table cloth are tasteful and different. From the ceiling hang all sorts of Italian cooking hardware reminding me of my great grandmother's kitchen in Baltimore's Little Italy where I learn to make and eat ravioli. The proprietors, Stefan and Evelyn, are a husband-wife team that delight in doing it the way you would like -- spicy red sauce or a cream pasta dish -- no problem. The lobster ravioli is the best I have ever tasted; the mussels are great! Everything is fresh. Call and make reservations for one of the alcove tables and be prepared to eat well and visit a different time and place.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Larry V
Missouri
“A bologna sandwich would be better.”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The portions are small and definitely not worth the price that you pay for a meal. (I have no problem spending money on a good meal, but we left hungry and very disappointed) The sauce was spicy and not good. My children could not even eat their dinners because the sauce was too spicy.

The meatballs were horrendous! My 6 year old daughter who is huge spaghetti and meatball fan said "I would rather eat a bologna sandwich then these meatballs.....and I don't even like bologna!" I had the eggplant parm and it was fine, but they seemed to use shake and bake for breading. So, really "fine" is being generous. Do yourself a favor....find somewhere else to eat!

• Visited December 2012
“Nice find”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a place to have dinner on Christmas Day when most everything is closed. We drove past Stefano's, it was obviously open, so the choice to check it out was quite easy.
The staff, from the hostess, to our server, could not have been better-friendly without being intrusive. Now for the food:
We started with an excellent mussels appetizer in a flavorful sauce. The salad (included) was pretty typical, but the house citrus dressing was nothing I would have ordered if the waitress had not suggested it. It was delicious. My wife selected the hog snapper. It's a fish that is caught nearby (never heard of it) and she raved about it. THAT'S A BIG DEAL! My dish was typical Italian (sausage, chicken onions, peppers, etc.) in a spicy sauce with pasta. Terrific. The wine was good as well
I would give Stefano's a five star rating had the food not been unusually slow coming out. We were quite comfortable ,so it didn't bother us, but I can see how others might be annoyed.

• Visited December 2012