“Nice find”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a place to have dinner on Christmas Day when most everything is closed. We drove past Stefano's, it was obviously open, so the choice to check it out was quite easy.
The staff, from the hostess, to our server, could not have been better-friendly without being intrusive. Now for the food:
We started with an excellent mussels appetizer in a flavorful sauce. The salad (included) was pretty typical, but the house citrus dressing was nothing I would have ordered if the waitress had not suggested it. It was delicious. My wife selected the hog snapper. It's a fish that is caught nearby (never heard of it) and she raved about it. THAT'S A BIG DEAL! My dish was typical Italian (sausage, chicken onions, peppers, etc.) in a spicy sauce with pasta. Terrific. The wine was good as well
I would give Stefano's a five star rating had the food not been unusually slow coming out. We were quite comfortable ,so it didn't bother us, but I can see how others might be annoyed.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Loved the atmosphere! The service was fantastic! Sat us in an alcove. Wine was delicious and reasonably priced. Server recommended dinner and we went with her suggestion and loved it!!! Cannolis were delicious. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Eclectic, funky, & weird music sums up Stefano's We have been there 3 times for dinner. Each time we sat in the booth in the back. Their veal is hand prepared, the sauces are authentic. Wines by the glass are reasonable and bottle prices as well. The bread is fresh, the salads are freshly made, the entrees are quite nice. If you are looking for a nice meal during the week, this is the place to go. Bravo to the owners.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stefano’s is a nice little family-owned restaurant in our area. We meet another couple there occasionally for dinner and always enjoy the evening. The servers are very friendly and attentive, although they sometimes forget who ordered which dish at our table. The seafood and pasta entrees, in particular, are very good. I did have a steak once and they prepared it exactly as I requested, but I would suggest they add a more flavorful cut to the menu than the sirloin they currently offer. Overall, we enjoy our visits to Stefano’s and will continue to go there. Good food, good value, good time.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stefano's is a small Italian Cafe in Indian Rocks Beach. It has a fun eclectic vibe. The chairs don't match...the glasses don't match...it's kind of quirky...but fun. The food was very good. I ordered Veal Marsala and I could here the chef pounding the veal in the kitchen. Everything was fresh and tasty. I had their homemade citrus vinaigrette on my salad and it was delicious. Overall it was a fun night out.