“You will get the taste and feel of a nice, local pub.”
Review of Red Lion Pub

Red Lion Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Absolutely the best Fish & Chips in the area. Not greasy, but delicate and crispy fish and fries. We just ate there and I had to post this.
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The Red Lion is located in Indian Rocks Beach, and really does have the taste and feel of a local beach bar. We stopped in on a Sunday afternoon, and by far the majority of the customers were locals and regulars. Ages ranged from early twenties to sixties - and everyone was welcome and seemed to interact. These are beach locals (nothing wrong with that!) so it did get a bit loud but nothing that would chase you away or make your visit uncomfortable.
The place is a little dated, and while not fancy by any means, the food and drinks were simple, fresh, and tasty.
The prices are very reasonable for the beach. Service was good - Danny at the bar was engaging and friendly, and the food order arrived quickly.
If you are vacationing in this area of the Gulf Coast, and you enjoy experiencing local places, I think Red Lion would work out fine.

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Pub

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Walk there to get take out food, wings and fish n chips are excellent.

1  Thank Easyofff
Reviewed May 20, 2012

You probably won't want to stop based on the fix'er upper patio, but don't drive past this Pub! We stayed at a condo acorss the street, and decided to walk over for dinner the first night. We went there several times! They have all you can eat dinner specials, and the food is great! I never got his name, but our sever, an older British guy, who was, well British :-) He was great, part of the reason we kept going back. I dubbed them the best french fries ever, perfectly crisp. Don't go expecting much and you'll be happy, like we were. Cheap patio furniture and dark bar, locals drinking outside and solid bar food. Food from our crew got great reviews, everything from prime rib, fried chicken, crab legs, mussels that were delicious and beer battered onion rings. One item my dad said was just okay was the fish and chips. It's a great place to people watch, too. We only went for dinner, and were there quite late. It would die down after awhile, seems to be a place people go first. Highly recommended! But hurry, it's up for sale!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Had many good times here. Great food drinks and people. The 3 Franks and I come often.

1  Thank mjrfd99
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I've been there twice and when I'm wanting some core "bad food" like skins, and burgers, they do it right.

I've had potato skins and they were really good (but rather greasy as potato skins can be).
Their fish n chips is good but the fries as was the fish was rather greasy.

I went both times in the daytime and sat outside, which is a plus in my book. The inside looks like a little pub and could use a better cleaning or at least a face lift. The bar is on the inside and it splits the restaurant seating with the darts and pool room.

I've seen some complaints written about service but I had no issues and actually my servers (both girls) were very nice. Lots of locals come here so you may find that your servers are more "regulars" focused than should be but overall it was a good experience.

Again, the food is not high brow but if you're into good pub eating and drinking, this is a decent place.