“Pet friendly?”

Sunshine Cozy Cottages
Crystal River, Florida
“Pet friendly?”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

When I called today inquiring about reservations, I told Chuck that we were a family of 3 along with a dog. I answered his question about the type of dog and informed him that he was 60lb,a mixed lab breed rescrue dog. He immediately told me that I needed to look elsewhere because he said that the dog wouldn't "work out". When I asked him about his policy on pets he said that he didn't have to disclose that and hung up. Really!? Wow.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank springdreamer
chuckwinirb, Manager at Sunshine Cozy Cottages, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I do my very best to be as friendly with all guests and callers at all times. This gentleman got upset on the phone with me when I told him that we had no vacancies. He had previously sent an email inquiry when we did have a vacancy, but he never made a reservation. He was sure that I was just saying we were full because of his dog. He is correct, we cannot accommodate 60 lb Labradors, 35 lbs has been our general limit for 20+ years, and I am perfectly willing to disclose that to anyone. Honestly though we hadn't even gotten to the subject of dogs when I informed him that we were full. I certainly did not hang up on him or say anything rude, even though he was extremely challenging with me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Adorable, Clean, Quaint cottage located in the heart of Indian Rocks Beach. Just steps away from local bakeries, restaurants and bars. Cross the street and find yourself on white sand and crystal clear waters. Relax knowing that you are safe under the watchful eye of Pinellas county where crime and mischief is not allowed. This is my paradise!

• Stayed May 2012
6 Thank Ualtravelprincess
Damascus, Maryland, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Cottages are well maintained, conviently located and resonably priced. Chuck and his wife make you feel very welcomed from the begining to the end.Grounds are maintained, community grills, beach chairs...what more can you ask for. Will definately go back again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Patty H
St. George, Utah
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We just spent 5 wonderful weeks at Uncle Milts. Chuck and Denise were wonderful and Joyce the housekeeper is extra helpful and did everything to make us comfortable. There are great places to eat and the beach is perfect, not crowded and almost like a private beach. The best part is the wonderful new friends we made during our stay. We have already made our reservations for next year and will be staying for 2 months. We did have the smaller cottage and are definately looking forward to the bigger one bedroom next year with the front porch. Thanks again to Denise, Chuck and Joyce. See you in 2013.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank utahchic57119
lakeeriemom
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This was our second visit to Uncle Milt's in 2 years. Each occasion was very enjoyable and comfortable. Chuck and his wife are very pleasant hosts that will help in any way to make your stay the best it can be. We stayed in a 2 bedroom cottage each year and they were very roomy and clean. The cottages are well stocked with everyday items, linens, towels, soaps and the kitchen was stocked with everything you would need for the week. Our favorite was the little front porch that had table and chairs to sit on and relax no matter what time of day or the weather might be. The location is great as it is a short walk across the street to the beach/water, plus many restaurants are within walking distance. We look forward to returning again and again, as you can't beat the price or the location. Debbie

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank lakeeriemom
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My wife and I were here for a week and the cottage is clean and has everything you need . 1 minute walk to beach and priced right. Chuck & Denise pleasant and helpful with local hotspots(try JD's down the street for music, drinks & Dancing!) Thanks to both of you!
Mike & Trish

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Mike3179
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Nothing fancy, reasonably priced for what it is. These cabins are said to be 100 yrs old w\ lots of history, heart of pine floors and walls. Full kitchen w\ full sized fridge, pots, pans & utensils, shared grills for use. There is a community coin washer on the property. Milts is located across the street from the beach, and a 5 minute walk to restaurants & bars. Property has beach chairs, bikes, boogie boards & umbrellas for free use. There is no pool but I was told the Holiday Inn down the road welcomes locals to their pool. (Which I did) Managers are friendly, helpful & prompt to fix the 2 minor issues I had. The Internet was fast, however 2 different times it went down for an extended time. The minimum stay is 7 days w\ no cleaning service during the stay. They also add a $75 cleaning fee on top of the advertised rate which I thought was a bit steep for one week stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
10 Thank wolfeee99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Rocks Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 4 in Indian Rocks Beach
#1 of 21 in Indian Shores
Belleair Beach Resort
Belleair Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Belleair Beach

Been to Sunshine Cozy Cottages? Share your experiences!