“Freshly made, delicious doughnuts”

Lighthouse Doughnuts
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Bakersfield, California
“Freshly made, delicious doughnuts”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

All the doughnuts taste so fresh. And interesting flavors, like the key lime. My kids say they are the best they've ever had! Personally I've had better glazed, but I'm a tough donut critic and would agree these are among the best I've had. I really like the atmosphere too. Very basic, but comfortable. Inside, the windows are open if the weather is nice. Or you can eat out on the deck. No view, but you can feel the ocean breeze most of the time. Get a variety and try something different! My kids couldn't get enough of the glazed with chocolate icing.

• Visited November 2012

Gosfield, United Kingdom
“Best Doughnuts you will ever find !!!!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you like doughnuts look no further !!! They are the best I have ever tasted!! and they do discounts for 6 or 12 ! They dont come this good back here in England, You can also get some really fantastic sandwiches and a great cup of fresh coffee. People are great, services terrific and the food is magnificent at a reasonable price...

Visited October 2012
Thrapston, United Kingdom
“Just fantastic!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Don't take any notice of what this place looks like...it's all about the food here!
We went there as it was my wife's birthday and I wanted to take her somewhere for breakfast. Having read the reviews on here I decided this was definitely the place. However had I seen it whilst driving down Gulf Blvd, I'd have probably driven straight past! We actually went to have their breakfast sandwiches, but couldn't resist taking away some of their amazing donuts and apple fritters. The quality was just first class. I don't really see why people are being negative about the service, because quite honestly there isn't any. You order at the counter, and wait for your food to be freshly cooked; and as we all know if something comes out too quickly then it isn't fresh is it?!! Anyway we loved it and would highly recommend a visit. It's not posh, and it's not fancy, it is just great food served in modest surroundings at cheap prices. What more could you to expect?

• Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service is ENTIRELY Missing!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

1 extra star because their key lime donuts are wonderful. I have been there twice and both times thy have been impossibly slow. The first time was for an office meeting order. I ordered the day before and said I would pick up 15 sandwiches at 8:45 the next morning. I show up on time, and thy haven't even started making them. I had to wait almost 15 minutes - which, incidentally, was the starting time of the meeting I was taking them to. It's close, so I slid in under the wire, but it was seriously annoying. Then this morning I decided to swing through the drive-thru for a quick donut and sandwich. No such luck. I waited for over 5 minutes for them to come to the window, and shortly thereafter he brought the donut. Almost another 5 minutes and still no sandwich. Multiple other customers had come and gone in the same time. I drove off, again annoyed. I will not be back. It's not high season, so there's no using hoards of tourists as an excuse, either.

1 Thank MrsErikaV
Lafayette, Indiana
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The breakfast sandwiches are very good! Lots of food for the value! The doughnuts and coffee are fresh! We will definitely return on our next trip!

Visited October 2012