“Nice Food great staff”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
London
“Nice Food great staff”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The food was great, the margeritaas were excellent and the servers were cheerful and friendly.
The portion sizes are big so sharing is advisable. We paid $85 for 7 people including drinks. Good value for money

• Visited December 2012

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Good and cheap”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

we went for 2 for 1 margaritas and we really enjoyed it. We were only going to grab a drink but the food was so cheap we decided to eat there. Food was hot and on the table in less than 5 minutes. Very good service, and very fair prices. I highly recommend it.

Visited December 2012
largo, fl.
“Not the best I have ever had, definitely not the worst Mexican on the beach”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

As locals we frequent this cantina for authentic Mexican cuisine, service is usually good, food is passable, never had to send anything back, love the Chile Rollenos and the Mariachi band is the best I have ever heard (even When we are in Mexico) and keeps us coming back. IT'S GOOD , DIFFERENT and PRICED RIGHT..... c'mon people, what do expect... Clint Eastwood shooting down tequilas in the corner? We LIKE it

• Visited November 2012
Kansas City, Kansas
“Not the best, nor the worst Mexican”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Went there for dinner, were promptly seated and waited, chips and salsa, drinks. The chips and salsa were good, but not excellent, the cheese sauce tasted like white Velveeta. I ordered a beef chimichanga and chicken enchilada, with rice and no beans, what I got was a chicken chimichanga and a beef enchilada, and beans with no rice. We were very tired after a long day of shopping and I didn't feel like complaining, so I just sucked it up and ate it. The chicken wasn't seasoned at all and bland, the beef was quite good, and the beans were a little runny. The service was good. This place was recommended by a local and told us it was worth the drive. It really wasn't.

Visited December 2012
Thrapston, United Kingdom
“Genuine Mexican Food and Nice Atmosphere..”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had seen a few negative reviews, mainly relating to the service, and the reception at our hotel actually advised we used a different Mexican restaurant a bit further away. However, having looked at the menu on their website, along with a few comforting spelling mistakes in the translation to English, something told me this was proper Mexican fayre, and we should give it a go.
Having entered and been seated I think I can see why some may find the service a little unwelcoming. But as English tourists who speak a little Spanish, this was immediately picked up on by the waitress as we placed our orders, and suddenly a Spanglish conversation flowed and our waitress came to life!
I don't think there is anything unfriendly about the staff, I just think a couple of them are simply less confident when speaking to fast-speaking English or Americans with strong accents. Anyway as far as the food is concerned this is very authentic, and a vast choice means there is something for everyone. Even the kids menu includes something Mexican rather than the standard chicken tenders and burgers, and all four of our meals were of excellent quality and portion size. During conversation in Spanish with the waitress, my son mentioned that we were there as it was his mums birthday (she doesn't speak Spanish so didn't realise) and totally unexpectedly they came out at the end of the meal with a free dessert complete with sparklers and Happy Birthday song! To top off a great night, this was our cheapest meal in the two weeks we spent in Florida! I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough and would urge people to visit and make their own mind up. But my tip would be to throw in an 'Hola' on entry and the odd 'Gracias' to get the best out of the staff. A great evening and great food.

Visited October 2012