“Excellent food & service”
Review of Rum Island Grill - CLOSED

Rum Island Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Great presentation and outstanding flavor. Also the décor is very inviting, next time we will try the outside bar.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We ate here as we couldn't locate the area that had the Outback, Olive Garden etc. (It was late and we were sick of driving by this point.Out of all the local independents this looked the cleanest and most appealing.)The food was nice and tasty but it wasn't particularly cheap. Entrees were between $22-$30. Service was average. There was a nice bar area on the outside of the restaurant that seemed busy with locals.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We went for our anniversary and I ordered the mixed grill and my husband the panko grouper. His was mushy and definitely not fresh. My mixed grill was OK. By the time my husband got a new entree, I was already finished and the table next to ours was offered another grouper which was the same badness as the first. You think the chef might check it out and not serve the same thing? They didn't offer to deduct anything off our bill and just said sorry they would talk to the vendor. I was very disappointed and won't recommend it or ever go back again. Since there are so many good restaurants in the area, they probably won't last, especially not with their service. My husband had to ask for silverware as he was given none

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I love everything about this restaurant - the attractive landscaping and signage they've done; the really relaxing and pleasant outside bar; the smart interior decor; the very polite, friendly and professional service, and - of course - excellent, excellent food.

I've had lunches here, many dinners, and just drinks and appetizers. Every time, consistent quality and service across the board.

1  Thank Scurrier
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We had stopped in here a few times in the past when it was called the Rum Fire Grill. Things have not changed much with the new name. The bartenders were and still are very friendly and accommodating. The food is fresh and tasty but over-priced! That is the one ingredient that if brought back to reality would make this place a home run. You can enjoy as good quality and service for 20% less down the road. Would we go back? Yes if the restaurant down the road was too crowded and the wait was too long.

1  Thank Peter G