“Great food!”

Rum Island Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Great place a short drive from the beach hotels. I had the mixed seafood platter and it had shrimp, salmon, and a crab cake. All were delicious although my crab cake was burned on one side, it still was good. Odd I know. My husband ordered the NY strip with parsley butter and it was pretty good but, I would recommend the fish over the steak. The atmosphere is pretty loud so don't go expecting to have long conversations. Overall because the service was excellent and the food was great, we would visit again.

6  Thank Fdsnot

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Six of us (and a toddler) ate here last night. Four of us got the crab bisque and all agreed it was the best we've had -- lots of crab meat in it. The baked stuffed shrimp was heavenly, tender but not overcooked and the stuffing was amazing. One had the Oysters Rockefeller and said they were the second best he'd had. The Onion Chicken was also rated excellent. Two had the sirloin steak -- one was fine, the other rather tough, but she took it home for the hubby later. The service was impeccable -- all of us served at the same time by 2 or 3 waiters, drinks refilled without asking, bread baskets kept full, etc. The only place they fell short was the salads. Caesar salad was way too dry. House salad only came with balsamic dressing. No other dressings available. So,, for a great meal, bring your own dressing and prepare for a culinary treat!!!

4  Thank cruisingracie
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My family and I went to this place twice on our annual visit to Cocoa Beach, Florida! It was such an amazing meal and my husband and I got the Onion Chicken, and the seafood platter. Both were great but I wish I could eat the Onion Chicken every day. The presentation of all our meals was so great and the drinks were great too. I had a frozen mango margarita and my brother in law had a drunken sailor. We finished with dessert, we had the crème bullae, petorfoire, and the coconut cake. This place is a must have for anyone visiting the area…Go now!!!

6  Thank HJ198
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Over the past few months I have read mixed reviews of this restaurant, which kept me and my fiance from trying it out. After going back and forth on where we should go for date night, we decided to finally give in and check it out. Let me tell you, I have not been so satisfied with a meal in brevard county in years! We both chose appetizers to share.. we ordered the coconut shrimp and the brie plate. I was surprised to see the large size of the shrimp and loved the fact that they were covered in coconut, not just fried shrimp with coconut flakes sprinkled on top unlike the other local places. I have never been very fond of brie, but my fiance said it was amazing. I again was surprised with the amount of fresh fruit that accompanied it. We ordered our meals, I chose the seafood mix grill and my fiance chose the osso bucco he read about in the FL today. Before our meals arrived, we received our salads, both opting for the spinach due to the fresh blueberries and pecans sounding like an interesting mix. It did not dissapoint! I was full before I received my entree but could not seem to put my fork down! The sauces were devine, which our waiter told us were all homemade. He brought out the dessert tray and explained that the restaurant was owned by a young couple, and the owner's mother makes all of the desserts in house daily. We decided to order a bottle of wine to digest and just take our desserts to go. I normally do not come online to write reviews, but I felt like this place is a secret gem that needs to be shared. We have not had such a great date night in years... the food was delicious, service was attentive but not on top of us, and the restaurant had a clean welcoming atmosphere. We will definitely be back!

5  Thank Danielle S
Reviewed April 25, 2013

All the food is excellent. A must have is the 4pc pork rib appetizer - AWESOME! The bar scene is really good and the bartenders make a good drink and offer good entertainment. Looking forward to returning.

3  Thank Cocoabeachfoodie