“Very nice valentines touch!”
Review of Rum Island Grill - CLOSED

Rum Island Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
“Very nice valentines touch!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My fiancée and I celebrated valentines day here and were very impressed again! We were greeted at our car with an umbrella and once sat at our table the owner brought a beautiful long stem rose over to the table for us. The place was slammed and we feel our server was very good. He gave us our space and knew when to come over for our orders and to check on us with out interrupting us. We had the valentines special which was a surf and turf meal and included wine as well as dessert, the filet and lobster were both cooked perfectly with the sauces making them mouth watering! The dessert was a red velvet heart and was excellent as well. I do not see how anyone could of had a bad night here. I will for sure be back, thank you Rum Fire for a great night.

4 Thank Marcus1mcgeely

Satellite Beach, Florida
“No big Party!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Started out like this place was going to be something special. Was raining and a nice polite young person met us at our car with an umbrella. We were meeting 4 other couples, some had been there before, our first time. Might have been our last time. Service was really terrible. However, the food was good for the price. Will go back to see if the service has improved.

2 Thank Cbeefoodie
Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania
“Barely recommmended...”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stopped here for lunch yesterday with our friends. The waitress was a bit inattentive despite the fact that the place wasn't crowded. Food was fine but nothing special. Overall I felt the prices were relatively high for the quality of the food. I would recommend this restaurant but not for families. If I had taken a family with a few children I would have been disappointed. There was not much on the menu below $10. This is a place where you will drop $35 per couple for lunch without much ambiance or special service.

1 Thank PennsylvaniYA
satellite beach
“Would be Awful at 1/4 the Price”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very unfortunate, as they obviously spent a lot of money renovating.As a former food industry executive,I had great expectations( had enjoyed Yellow Dog over the years).And hey- so much closer to home. On the plus side- nice bar, good drinks, beer selection. When they didn't have the bottle of wine I ordered, I tried a house cabernet-simply awful.
When I was informed( after a 45 minute wait) that they were out of the rack of lamb I figured I couldn't go wrong with a medium rare filet- well I did. Not even Golden Coral quality.Cesar salad
with a bland( bottled?) dressing , warm bowl and cold Sysco out of the bag croutons.
My wife's grouper was decent however.
I hate to see anybody lose the type of investment this place must represent-but they need to change their ways fast if they are even going to survive.
My reccomendations- 1. Get a decent house red- Opici has several for about $5 that would wine shop price @ $20. Get someone with wine knowlege( maybe that nice old lady at publix?)
2.Lose the juvenile waitstaff and get some less attractive people that know what they are doing.
3.Get a decent ( or premium) meat purveyor and stop serving crap at premium prices.You will do well serving premium stuff even at super premium prices, but crap doesn't cut it. Sorry to be harsh. I hope you take this to heart and make some changes ASAP.

4 Thank realc00k
Melbourne, Florida
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great for friends, family, work get togethers or solo. Newly opened restaurant since October, close to Viera and the Beaches. Excellent food and even better desserts! Had the Crispy Duck and crunchy potato pancakes. Great service. overall Very Very Good!

1 Thank tamsoccer