“Good for late night”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We dined here for the first time. We chose Melo's because we were dining close to 9:00pm and there just isn't a lot available that late. That being said, they never rushed us at all, but we did close the place down on a Sunday evening. The decor is really fun. The food is fine - I've had better and I've had worse. There were five of us and everyone enjoyed their food. There is decent wine and good service was provided. It's convenient to the beach area and, like I said, open a bit later than many of the restaurants in the area.

1  Thank travellover3868

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went on a Fri eve with 3 others. The staff is all very friendly and attentive. The service took a long time to receive our salads and then later our main courses. I have had better Italian food at a non Italian restaurant. The bread was not special, nor the salad. I sampled a friend's veal. We both felt that the breading had gotten soaked and soggy with the oil on the pasta. The flavor on the shrimp scampi was rather dull for my tastes, and very oily also. The portion sizes were good. Two of us didn't bring anything home, and two did. The atmosphere is noisy, and festive and the decorating nice. I don't plan to go back, but if a friend wanted to go there, I would go back and try something else.

3  Thank out2havefun
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I went here with mixed expectations after reading reviews. I found the service was attentive, the food great, (but a bit pricy), and the wine was superb, and priced very cheap! We had the
Fettuccine Alfredo and the Melos angel hair pasta. Both were large enough that doggie bags were needed. The bread was a little disappointing, but I am a bread snob, so not a game changer. We enjoyed the atmosphere, and while not perhaps "authentic", as some state, it was relaxed and fun. I liked the decor!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband, a coworker of his from Great Britain, and I walked into this restaurant on a Sunday night after 9:00, [they close at 10:00] and we were treated as if it were early evening. We had the best food, hottest bread, and freshest salads possible. Fresh seafood and all-around a delicious meal. They did not rush us or appear to be annoyed that we had arrived just before closing for 3 full-course dinners. We enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I always wanted to go to this restaurant as from the outside, seemed nice, authentic and even mysterious as it was from the Godfather movie. We heard it was pricey, but in one special occasion we decided to give it a try. Unfortunately we were very disappointed. The sitting area a large room with no Italian character and authenticity (I have been to Italy and trust me this is not it). It felt like a big cafeteria area which was very loud. The service is ok (not bad) but you would expect it to be excellent as per the prices. Prices are high. You would expect the food to be outstanding but it was ok. There are other places on the beach that you can get the same quality of food or better for 1/3 the price. I was very disappointed with this place as I expected a great atmosphere and delicious food. If you are a big spender who does not care about food taste and authenticity, like to be in a cafeteria atmosphere and like really uncomfortable chairs then this is your place. If you appreciate good Italian food, good prices and nice cozy environment go somewhere else.

9  Thank DecoWorldTraveler