“A Phenomenal B&B We Adored!”

Windemere Inn by the Sea
Ranked #1 of 2 Indialantic B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Windemere for 7 nights in total. It was a purely for pleasure vacation that we desperately needed. We searched forever for the "perfect place" to stay near the ocean and when we found Windemere online we were 90% sold. Then when we called up and spoke to Beth, the owner, we were completely sold. Beth is an absolute doll and she sold me just based on her personality over the phone!
We stayed in 3 different rooms at Windemere (we were last-minute bookings looking for a jacuzzi room ever night). All of them were absolutely wonderful. The property is gorgeous, with stunning landscaping (and a cool coy pond) and a private entrance to the beach. (It was super-private, hardly anyone was ever even in the same area as us!)
After having stayed in 3 rooms I can offer the advice to stay in the Sea Breeze if you like jacuzzi tubs, lots of space, a big bed and being right in front of the ocean. Stay in Summer Garden if a shower will do and you want a wonderful view of the ocean at night from a balcony! And the beds in both are really, really fantastic.
And speaking of the rooms, they were immaculate. The staff goes out of its way to make sure everything is just perfect.
Wireless high-speed internet access.
The breakfasts were out of this world. My husband was a sous chef and even he was going on and on about how he could not wait for the next breakfast! And their midday desserts and tea (key lime pie, pecan pie, macroons, chocolate cake, just some of what they offered during our stay) was wonderful (I have a sweet tooth for sure!)

We cannot say enough nice things about the place. The staff were so kind and friendly. It is perfect for a relaxing beach vacation.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angelaanderson

Reviewed January 16, 2009

I had a great stay at the hotel this past summer. The staff was very helpful, the breakfasts and snacks were always delicious, and the sheets were TO DIE FOR. We stayed in their most romantic room with a four poster bed, great big bathroom with tub for two. It was great.

The downside was that there is very little to do in the immediate area (dining, activities) and there is no pool and no hot-tub. This was a problem because the water was rough when we were there, and so we never got to get in water at all.

Overall, I would give the place 4.5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank er1010
Reviewed November 17, 2008

My wife and I spent the weekend for our anniversary and everything was perfect. The Inn is just beautiful, the staff was more than professional and friendly and the location is perfect, our room overlooked the ocean. Beth adn her wonderful staff made us feel like friends, recommended great restaurants at reasonable prices and assisted us with our weekend plans.
My wife and I have stayed at quite a few B&B's and this one, by far, is the best. I cannot wait to return again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2008

This bed and breakfast is on the beach. It is run by the owner/innkeeper who does a wonderful job with her staff. The Inn is beautiful, very clean, great towels, and all the ammenities that are to be expected at a 4 star hotel without the price. A delicious gourmet breakfast is served everyday and tea and homemade goodies are served in the afternoon. The staff is very knowlegeable about dinning in the area. I look forward to coming back to this well run bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2008

If you are looking for a downright lovely spot right on a Atlantic beach with chairs, coolers and beach umbrellas at your disposal, Windemere is the location for you.

My partner and I got long walks along the sandy coast, and enjoyed seeing a recent hatchling turtle make its way to the ocean. It has a 1 in 1000 chance in surviving. The Windemere community fridge is available for your own beverages, snacks or you can take the soft drinks that are already there. There is a great wine and food store just down the road with an amazing array of items. There are also several good restaurants in the area which were recommended by the staff, and didn't disappoint us. All of this, combined with stellar accommodations in clean, a creatively appointed rooms, you are in heaven. Breakfast was a delight every morning with something freshly baked in the kitchen. We stayed for three nights, and could have stayed for seven more but had a date with the Mouse Factory.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2008

What can we say about Windemere and the staff?? Nothing but great things. Beth, Stephen, Brenadette, Fergie and Beth's mom made our stay simply amazing. At tea on Friday afternoon we had chocolate mouse to die for. Our room, lilactime, was impeccably decorated (looks better in person than on the inn's website I might add.) We had a great view of the ocean from our reading nook. Plus they had added a complimentary bottle of champagne for us to enjoy during our wedding trip!
Saturday began with a great breakfast of ham and egg enchiladas and a capuccino muffin. Then Stephen met with me to discuss wedding decorations for our afternoon ceremony. He did a great job setting everything up. I didn't have to lift a finger. The ceremony went off without a hitch, thanks to Beth and Stephen. Saturday night we went out on the beach turtle watching and were rewarded with one working her way up onto the beach to lay her eggs. Sunday morning we had the best breakfast of our entire trip - french toast with orange marmalade sauce, pineapple boats and cranberry scones with lemon curd. Yes, Fergie rocks in the kitchen!! Scones, just like they should be. We were sad to leave and were wishing we were staying the week there instead of heading out to the keys. Oh, and there is a cockatoo named Kahela that is a wonderful bird. Her laugh is contagious! AWESOME!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I found this Beautiful Bed and Breakfast on advice from a realtor while searching for a new home in the Melbourne Beach area. My husband and I and our two children stayed for a night and were treated like royalty! The staff was courteous and friendly, full of information about the area and quite willing to share it. There was High Tea from 4-7 in a beautiful sun-lit room with real china and an assortment of cakes , pie, and tea. They had also set out some sherry. This Bed and Breakfast is located directly on the beach and has suites facing the ocean, a koi pond and path leading to a pergoda that offers a view of the ocean . The owners attention to detail was impeccable, fluffy high beds, clean soft towels, wonderfully scented soaps, and flowers every where. Breakfast was fantastic, coffee, tea, scones, bacon ,eggs and fruit. This is a class A B&B. If you are ever in the area I strongly reccomend it.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Tuckaway Shores Resort
Tuckaway Shores Resort
#1 of 5 in Indialantic

Been to Windemere Inn by the Sea? Share your experiences!