All reviews the main house bed and breakfast delicious breakfast homemade cookies private beach b and b jacuzzi tub wedding anniversary apple sausage lovely room quiche beautiful property fine dining get away view of the ocean boogie boards beach towels
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This was the most welcoming bed and breakfast i have ever been in! The service was outstanding, the Inn keeper Beth was an amazing baker and baked complimentary treats daily ( a lil touch that goes a long way). The room was adorable and immaculately clean. The location was ideal, literally right on the beach. if you are in that are, you should stay at the Wimdemere! I truly have no complaints

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We travelled to Melbourne on last minute notice to visit an ill friend. With no time to pre-plan, we took a red-eye and were already there when we began calling around. The big name hotels were very sterile and the ultimate turnoff was that most of them did not have 100% cotton sheets. When we called Windemere, Beth, the quintessential innkeeper said: "not only do we have 100% cotton sheets, but we iron them too." I said "we'll be right there." We ended up spending 10 nights there and I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Beth is warm and inviting, with just the right blend of hospitality. Our rooms (we stayed in 3 different ones) were all wonderful. The decor is very nice and it is squeaky clean. The breakfasts are delicious and plentiful. Always a fruit course, main dish, andhomemade scone type thing with orange juice and coffee. Our favorite of them all was crepes filled with a mixture of ricotta, cream, and sweetened sauteed berries served with whipped cream; a recipe which appeared in the newspaper. Beth offers "high tea" each afternoon from 4-7 and always has 2 or 3 homemade desserts, one of which is chocolate. Her rum bundt cake is so good I had at least 2 pieces each time. One night I had 5 chocolate mousses, as she leaves anything remaining from high tea in the fridge for guests to enjoy during the night. She also has sherry out all the time. It is peaceful, tasteful and comfortable there. There were two weddings there our first weekend. The inn backs up to the sea, and guests can use the inn's beach chairs and umbrellas plus wireless internet at no extra charge. I had one of the best swims of my life out past the wave break. I felt at once at home. We have been back home only a few days and I am missing Beth and her magical inn!

Room Tip: Our 2 favorite rooms were
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Barbara0707
Reviewed June 15, 2011

First...apologies to Beth and crew that this review was not posted sooner. We spent one glorious night here on May 7, 2011 and we could not have custom-ordered a better experience. Scheduling can be quite a feat for the guy and me so when we realized we both had a Saturday available we decided to take advantage with an overnight to the beach. From the moment I spoke with Beth on the phone to make the arrangements, I had a good feeling about Windemere. Upon arrival, we knew for certain that we would not be sorry about our decision to stay. The property is beautiful; as lovely as the photos on the website are, they do not do proper justice. We stayed in Enchantment, in the main house, where we enjoyed our poster bed, jacuzzi tub and especially our ocean view balcony. Being a few steps from the beach was such a treat, as were the provided beach chairs, towels, umbrellas, etc. It made everything so convenient! Best of all, though, was the service we received from beth, Steve and the entire staff. Everyone had the highest level of professionalism and friendliness. I can't believe it took me this long to mention the food....YUM! We enjoyed fabulous chocolate mousse at tea on Saturday and a delicious breakfast the next morning. So good! Sadly, our scheduling nightmares persist, so we've not yet been able to plan a return trip but we will not hesitate to do so as soon as the opportunity presents. Please book without concern...you will love your experience!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dbsweet
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We found Windemere and the wonderful Beth quite by chance when looking for last minute accommodation in Melbourne. The accommodation is extremely comfortable and beautifully kept. We were all made to feel very special, treated to fabulous home-baked breakfasts and a walk on the spectacular beach at the end of the day was a great way to start unwinding in the evening. The added spectacle of seeing a turtle come onto the beach looking to lay her eggs was a rare treat and made the whole stay even more special. Thank you to Beth and all the staff at the Windemere.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2011

We had a Beautiful wedding weekend at the Windemere Inn. The place is beautiful, the rooms are extremely clean, the beach is at your footsteps, if you need to go out everything you need is nearby. It is truly a hidden gem! Our wedding was April 2 and from the time we got there on April 1, to the time we left on April 4, the staff was amazing! Beth(the innkeeper) and her staff really went above and beyond to make our wedding and weekend special. All of our guests were very impressed and commented on both the place and the staff. We had the ceremony under the inn's purgula that overlooks the beach and ocean and is a perfect place for a beach wedding. It was perfect and I am looking forward to going back and spending more time there even though we live close by. With the great staff and the beauty of the place it couldn't have been any better.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple