“great location, nice staff, dated motel... ON THE BEACH!”

Sea Scape Motel - Oceanfront Getaway
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Indialantic
Reviewed November 16, 2012

just like grandmas. the last of its kind!
old florida furniture and corroded beachfront charm.
it isnt perfect. thats what its like to live on the beach

i was upgraded to a one bedroom, stayed 2 nights at the start of the vacation. liked it alot.
stayed 3 nights at the end of the vacation. just nice to cook. felt like home. had friends over.

warm friendly staff. boogie boards and beach chairs available.

sea scape has a special glow at night

Room Tip: expect your grandmothers house in florida. complete with dusty lampshade
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mike j
seascapefl, Manager at Sea Scape Motel - Oceanfront Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

What a lovely review! We are so delighted you enjoyed are beachfront motel!
I am so disappointed we missed the dust on those lampshades! Hopefully we will do better next time. Best wishes, Debbie

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were so pleased with our stay at this motel. The woman taking care of the resort during the day was spectacular, and so very helpful. She was able to offer us some great places for thrift shopping as well as places to eat. The room was clean, and since it was cold during our two nights, she provided us with a space heater. A nice quilt was in the dresser drawer. We walked out of our room and were very close to the ocean. It is just a few yards from the motel. The view was wonderful. The room is compact and cozy and very comfortable. The bedroom was separate and there was even a television in the bedroom (as well as the living room/dining room space). The bathroom was ample. We plan to stay there whenever we are in Melborne. Nothing else compares as far as I am concerned.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank annieh60

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to hit all the thrift stores. One of my favorite past times!
I know you both were in need of a vacation, so glad you found some peace and serenity here!
Hope we see you back here again soon! Aloha, Debbie

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 long nights. I do not recommend it. We had the SMALL SMALL room near the beach, it was a little larger then a walk in closet, for 90.00 a night. The bathroom, was so tiny. The furniture was old and stained, and I was afraid to sit on the chairs at the kitchen table. they were shaky and dirty. The coffee mugs and glasses were dirty in the cabinet. The staff was nice, but the place was rough. Very run down , and the air conditioner ran so loud ( window unit) all night it was tough to sleep. The positive is , you can sit outside and see the beach. We will not go back here.

Room Tip: no choices.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
seascapefl, Owner at Sea Scape Motel - Oceanfront Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Our guest’s satisfaction is very important to us and therefore we are sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations.
We try to provide affordable accommodations for families and travelers who desire to stay at a beachfront property. The nightly rate for the room you stayed in is $69.95. You traveled with a pet and we, as do many other motels, charge a pet fee. The prearranged fee is the reason the nightly rate was higher at $90.
We too wish the room you stayed in was larger. It is the smallest room we have at 240 square feet and would have been happy to move you to a larger room if you so desired. Due to your comments, the square footage of each room will be added to our website. We realize this does not help you, but may aid future guests in making sure the size of the room chosen meets their needs.
We do appreciate your feedback and are constantly working to improve our housekeeping and update our facilities.
Best Wishes, Chris Gagnon

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Sometimes fortune is good to us. I found the Sea Scape while in the process of booking a room at a nearby big chain hotel. The location caught my eye as I checked out the satellite view on Google maps. After doing some online reading, including Tripadvisor, I decided to forgo the mega hotel and make reservations at the Sea Scape. It was a great choice.
I made reservations directly with the hotel and its manager Debbie. From that first call to the moment we left, Debbie and staff were just fantastic. We felt throughout like our family was a part of the Sea Scape family.
The location of the Sea Scape is directly ocean front sitting nearly on top of the dune. It's only a few steps from any room to a spectacular view from their patio. The motel is from an earlier generation of lodging establishments and has a character and charm that you won't find too many places any more. We had an apartment and others in our group had standard motel rooms. All were comfortable and well maintained. The grounds are very pretty and old Florida in appearance.
Some features and conveniences that you'd expect in larger hotels were missing but the unique experience, natural beauty of the grounds and most of all, the friendliness of the staff made those things seem irrelevant if we even thought of them at all. No flat panel televisions but an excellent selection of cable channels. We spent little time watching TV and more time watching the ocean.
The location is nearby good restaurants, shopping, parks and just about anything you'd need. Indialantic is a lovely community with all the comforts of home. The Sea Scape itself is a gem.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim D

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review for us. It was so nice getting to know all of you. I hope Tony was able to help you with your search for the right condo, who knows, we may be neighbors one day! Please tell you mother hello, I hope I have half as much spunk as her when I am her age! Much Aloha to you all, Debbie

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We had a great add the hotel. Employees where nice and helpful. A great for a getaway from the kid and grandkids. Love the beach and sunrises. Rooms very clean. Meet the owner and talked to him about surfing and trails on the island.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your nice review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we see you again soon! Best wishes, Debbie

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I absolutely enjoyed the 3 day stay at the Sea Scape Motel, The morning Sunrise and the after dinner Ice Cream Cones at Moo soft serve Ice Cream up the street were memorable. This was our 19 Wedding Anniversary and I will be back next year. The employees were very nice and assisted whenever needed, The owner was present and friendly also, The beach was a deserted paradise and we absolutely rejuvenated here this week. No Phones or business center, strictly VACATION TIME!

If you are looking for a Poolside Bar and Modern facilities this is definitely not the place for you. But for the value it is worth a try.

Room Tip: While I did not have these issues, I see a couple of others did not know when you are in the heat of...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terri B
seascapefl, Manager at Sea Scape Motel - Oceanfront Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

We are so happy you decided to stay at the Sea Scape Motel for your Wedding Anniversary! Thank you for sharing such wonderful, artsy photos with us as well. I really like the coffee mugs on the beach, how clever! You also took some great sunrise photos!
I am sorry I did not have the opportunity to meet you on this stay, I do hope I will on a future stay!
Until then, take care of each other.
Best Wishes, Debbie

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We got tired of paying high prices for all the big hotels on Melbourne Beach and finally stayed at the Sea Scape. We were glad we did. It is quaint looking cottages in beachy pink and green colors....Great staff....couldn't ask for more. We stayed in a one bedroom and it was fantastic. Steps to the beach, bbq grill if you need one and they even have a laundry if you are staying a long time and need to wash some clothes. We will be back again and again. I prefer small quaint places to stay over the big hotels and lots of people. The staff itself is worth coming back for. You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beachlover1958
seascapefl, Manager at Sea Scape Motel - Oceanfront Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and it met your expectations! It means a lot to us that you took the time to write a review and share your experience with us. We hope you will be back to see us again soon! Until then, Best Wishes, Debbie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront

Been to Sea Scape Motel - Oceanfront Getaway? Share your experiences!