“A Book by its Cover”

Dining options: Late Night
Florida
“A Book by its Cover”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The facility itself is quite nice with lots of outdoor seating of chairs and coaches adorned with pillows and plenty of bar side seating with the bar opening to the outdoor area and inside area. The indoor area has a number of high top tables and is nicely decorated.

Service was friendly and prompt. All was looking good.

The menu shows a decent number of domestic micros on tap as well as some imports. My pint of Guinness was just okay and for a $6 pint, needs to be better.

The real disappointment occurred when the food arrived. The fish sandwich was well seasoned but not remarkable and the fries served with the sandwich were soggy. The Reuben sandwich was poor as the corn beef was very fatty, the bread burned in spots and so wet with juices off the corn beef, onions and the dressing that eating it was beyond challenging. The macaroni and cheese was very poor with the macaroni being in a water soup that had some cheese blended in it all topped with a topping which felt like an after thought.

A disappointing lunch and with that unlikely to return any time soob particularly given the food availability, beer selection and a well poured $5 pint of Guinness at the Mansion just 2 minutes away.

2 Thank Conchobar

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Much Improved Food”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I reviewed the Copperhead a month ago and found the food to be very wanting. After several friends told me there may be a new chef I decided to give it another try. I made two visits over the past 2 weeks and had two meals that were very good. Gone were the bland flavors! My first entree was the Ahi Tuna Salad. The tuna and salad were fresh. The dressing was light and tasty and of course the service was good as usual. Service had never been a problem for me here. I really enjoyed the salad and found the portions to be of good size.

On my next visit I decided to try something a little less healthy so I chose the tavern burger. I have to say it was awesome! I love the secret sauce!! The burger was juicy, the bacon crisp and tasty but who doesn't love bacon? I really enjoyed this burger and next time I decide to cheat on my diet and crave a burger, this one will be at the top of my list.

Fair is fair, I reviewed in the past and didn't care for the food and wrote a review. Now that I have had two good meals its fair to write a good review. Good job Copperhead Tavern. Keep it up and keep Djohn out of the kitchen.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Joe H
Indialantic
“Too little, too slow, for to much !!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Had a couple drinks each and 2 apps and walked with a $ 50 tab ?? Apps took a long time and we were there at 3 in the afternoon.
We won't go back ! Maybe the next place will be better.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank harleyparts32903
Melbourne Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had heard such great things about Copperhead, we were looking forward to an enjoyable dinner, especially because we love Dijon's other places.The decor is clever & edgy. Nice atmosphere. Unfortunately, we were seated directly under a ceiling speaker on full volume, playing AC DC. We could not hear each other, let alone the waitress when she attempted to tell us the specials. We asked if it could be lowered but by that time, the place was full & the noise level was just short of deafening.
The dinner special was short ribs. Not! They were big beef ribs, low on meat & big on fat. The side of macs & cheese, which was ordered plain, came with pulled pork & was cold. The waitress brought it back to be heated but it came out cold again. Needless to say, we were disappointed & will probably not return or recommend Copperhead.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Pollyo1126
“Eh?”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

For a place attempting to replicate the current Gastro Pub trend I think it's off the Mark. The location and trapping are nice. Beer selection decent. Hats where the positives end. Gastro Pubs by definition should feature some "Gastro!" The menu is pricey and extremely simplified. This new spot has the potential to be exception. Dijon needs to upgrade to food substantially.

1 Thank Ranger25