All reviews third floor heated pool ocean front beach toys no elevator space coast cabana room two burner stove full size fridge small kitchen great beach small resort nice pool rooms are clean living area would definitely stay here again staff was friendly and helpful
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2019

This year we took our daughter and 5 year old grandson with us. We had rooms that had a ocean view, and the veranda is so close to the ocean you can sit and listen to the waves roll in. This place is very clean, and we love that the owners continue to put more money into the property by adding small upgrades. The heated pool is very nice and well kept--our grandson loved it. We already have reservations for spring break next year.

Room tip: Each floor has its own advantage. I.E. the ground floor is so you can walk out the front door and go to the beach.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Pam R, Owner at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Thank you so much for the 5 stars. Our team works hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay and I am so pleased we achieved our goal with your stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

There were only 2 rooms available when I booked this place. I thought I had booked 2 queen beds for our girlfriends getaway. When I walked in the room I panicked. That was the shortest panic attack in my life. Once I walked through the bedroom, all my worries disappeared.
Passed the kitchenette,in the living area was a pullout sofa that was L-shaped. Here is where my travel companion would sleep. She was thrilled.
She was thrilled because there were 8’ of sliding glass door that opened up completely and disappeared into the wall. We sat there, like sitting on the beach in living room furniture. What an incredible view!
The room was bright and not too overdone with cheap beach chachkees. Painted in perfect seaside colors, and the linens accented nicely. The place seemed to have been and old Mom and Pop motel, but it was tough to be sure. Everything was nicely upgraded. The floor was tile that looked like barn siding. Every morning I went out, the staff was busy cleaning, sweeping and painting any concrete that had been chipped.
Super friendly staff. Happy to help.
Zero stale bagel breakfast. Use your yelp or trip advisor. We walked 1 mile to breakfast. Everything you need is a mile in either direction. Nothing until you go that mile. Which is nice. Cuts down on all night party noises outside. It was quiet all night, every night. Except for crashing waves!
Free use of the hotels beach chairs, toys and towels is a wonderful surprise amenity. No hauling that sand covered stuff back to the car!
Do yourself a favor. Stay at Tuckaway. A lot! We had such a wonderful relaxing vacation!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Pam R, Owner at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Thank you for the 5 stars..All of us at Tuckaway Shores are so appreciate of your feedback. Our team works hard to make sure our guests' experience is positive and we certainly achieved our goal.with your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

Let me start by saying that our trip was wonderful! This place has a unique beachy charm and has a great location just outside of all the hustle and bustle near the other hotels! The staff was friendly and the room had beautiful upgrades/designs. That being said, there were a few things I wasn’t expecting so hopefully this review helps others know better what they’re getting.

In my opinion, these are not one bedroom suites. The “bedrooms” are barely separated from the living room by a bathroom and vanity area. To me, a one bedroom suite means there is a separate bedroom with a door. This wouldn’t be a problem if we didn’t have our toddler with us. It worked out fine but I could have planned better had I known. Also, the railing (on the 3rd floor, outside our entry door) was broken. It had caution tape wrapped around it and when I asked about it I was told that if pressure were applied, it would fall. That was very scary since I have a toddler who likes to dart. There were sooo many bugs the first night (someone called them no see ums?) which obviously is out of the hotels control. They were so bad the first night we couldn’t even open our sliding doors! They swarmed the room and would bite. There was no ceiling fan in the room and the air wasn’t kicking on so it was an uncomfortable first night to say the least. The next day I saw a bug guy walking around! I asked him to spray our room and he must have because the bugs were gone that afternoon and we were able to open up the sliders!! With the doors open it was absolutely gorgeous!

All in all I would stay here again. Next time I will have a better idea what I am getting into! I will also stay on the 2nd floor! It has the views and a balcony you can walk out on ☺️ This was our daughter’s first overnight beach trip and I can’t wait to bring her back!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Pam R, Owner at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Tuckaway Shores. Your comments are not only helpful to other travelers, we appreciate understanding our guest's experience. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and are grateful for the 4 stars.

Through our content and images on the website, in addition to conversations we have with our guests, we do our best to describe the suites so everyone has a clear understanding of what to expect before coming to Tuckaway Shores. Clearly we dropped the ball in your case and I will go through our site to see where we can do a better job of illustrating the layout of our suites.

The railing outside of your unit was repaired the afternoon of your arrival. We left the caution tape up to make sure the material dried properly as a precautionary measure. As with any building located in close proximity of the ocean constant maintenance is required to stay on top of the wear and tear of the corrosive salt air.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate your comments and,. more importantly, appreciate your business.

Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

We spent 6 nights at Tuckaway Shores Resort in March, 2019. Our apartment was on the first floor, Ocean front. We enjoy every minutes of our vacation, and probably return to this place, although it is not so easy for an European familily, as we are. The location is perfect, the staff is really helpful and kind. The only thing what was disturbing us sometimes, the loudspeakers around the pool, these may be quiter a little bit. Thank for everybody this unforgettable beachside vacation.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Pam R, Owner at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we truly appreciate your feedback. Our staff works hard to ensure the comfort of our guests and I will let them know how much their hard work paid off.

Reviewed February 28, 2019

This was my fifth year at Tuckaway and I will continue to spend a week there every winter as long as I can. The property is perfectly located on the ocean but near all kinds of restaurants, stores, churches, even the library! The staff is great. The kitchenettes in the suites are perfect for preparing meals. The heated pool is a welcome, refreshing sight. I truly love the old-fashioned, attention to detail aspect of the resort.

Room tip: Second floor has balconies. Third floor has great ocean views.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Pam R, Owner at Tuckaway Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2019

Larry,

It's always so nice welcoming you and your family back to Tuckaway Shores. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We look forward to seeing you in 2020.