We visit Melbourne annually to see family. We hadn't found a place that we wanted to return to each year- a decent value, convenient location, comfortable and clean, heated pool and ideally on the water. Well, we found it now! We stayed at the Tuckaway Shores for 4 nights and it was perfect for our needs. It's definitely a slice of old Florida, so if you're looking for the Marriott, it is not. While the decor and facilities are not very new, it is SUPER clean. The people who work there were very friendly and helpful. All of the rooms have a bedroom and living area with small kitchenette. Important to note that there is no door between them so if you need privacy between the LR and BR, this is not for you. It worked fine for us- one adult and two children. The kitchen is very well stocked for 4 people (4 forks, bowls, etc). Our third floor partial view room was perfect for us. We had a great view of the ocean and beach and plenty of fresh air. The only problem was that the curtain was attached in such a way that when you had the windows/doors open, you couldn't have the shades partially closed to screen yourself from the sun- it was all or nothing- not a huge deal but I wished they had attached them in reverse. The pool is heated and they provided some used pool and beach toys which saved us from having to buy shovels and pails for the beach. The laundry machines were handy too. We had ZERO problems with the internet, and there is a computer in the lobby with a printer that was very helpful.
The ONLY problem we encountered was that the lobby closes from 9 pm to 8 a.m. When I unfolded my living room sleeper couch to set-up to sleep our first night, I realized there were no sheets. With the desk closed, I had to make due that first night without sheets. So be sure each night that you have what you need as no one is there at night!
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will definitely return. We may move to a beach view room, or maybe I'll save the money and stick with the partial. Either way, we really enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suites on the beach vacation rentals with kitchenettes ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Tuckaway Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tuckaway Shores Hotel Indialantic
- Tuckaway Shores Indialantic