“Could have been better”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Evidently there are several Bizarro Pizzas in the area but this is the original. Bring cash. That’s all they take. There’s an expensive ATM if you are short on hard currency. We called in our order for 3 giant pizzas.

Bizarro is not a sit-down restaurant. Customers order at the counter and stand around waiting. Or claim one of a handful of tables inside or the several picnic tables outside.

Bizarro offers whole pies, or by the slice as well as baked pastas, hot and cold subs and other Italian fare.

I know what I’m about to say is sacrilege to most of the world; I’m cheese impaired. I don’t like melty goopy cheese. So the only way I eat pizza is cheeseless. (I’ll pause for the gasps.)

In every other place I’ve ordered a cheeseless pizza they just omit the cheese but make it as they would any other pizza. My half pizza had mushrooms, garlic and tomatoes…and that’s it. I guess when they read no cheese, they thought it also meant no tomato sauce. Imagine a very thin New York style crust baked with some mushrooms, tomato slices and some garlic. I don’t even think there was any olive oil or anything else so it was kind of tasteless cardboard. My husband wasn’t impressed with the cheesed up slices he had either. But for beachgoers, it’s a casual atmosphere steps away from the shore.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Place does have the best tasting pizza in Brevard County. It is not much of a restaurant, it has a small number of tables and some tables outside. You will most likely have to pay for parking so bring quarters, the town of Indiatlantic makes a lot of income writing summonses on expired meters outside of this place. Also, the place does not take credit cards, they have an ATM inside that gouges you with fees. The prices for pizza, soda and beer a somewhat high for the area but they have no shortage of clientele--both regulars and tourists that are in the area vacationing. They also have a canister for tips which was the last thing I ever want to do in this place given the rude and crude service of the folks who work here. Yet it was full of singles from customers--I do not know why you would tip them for doing their jobs, espcially at the prices they charger in this establishment. Like I said, there food is great but hard to enjoy when you have such bad service.

1  Thank jocampo
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I am SO excited to know that Bizarro's makes a gluten free pizza! Not only do they make it, it is fabulous!! It tastes just like the real thing. I can't wait to go back for more!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The service was slow and rude. The guy who took our order was drinking a beer. The food was greasy. It was dirty.

2  Thank JReichanadter
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Love the pizza. You get a giant slice that is so reminiscent of what we would have in NYC. Think of it as a "walk through" restaurant. You give your order to a fast moving staff, find a rare seat, inside or out and they will bring your food out to you when it's ready. Like most pizza that you order by the slice, it is reheat. The crust is thin, crisp but -, it's light on the sauce and just enough cheese...to me it is the perfect slice.
I like their Sicilian pizza, too. They do offer a full menu other styles of pizza, calzone stuffed pizza. But I prefer a slice of regular and Sicilian when we go beachside.
This is not really a sit down place with a waitstaff there to fulfill your every wish. It's totally casual, great for a fast bite to eat