“A Cuban Jewel in the Melbourne Area”

Cuban Island Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Indialantic
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Cuban, Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Melbourne, Florida
“A Cuban Jewel in the Melbourne Area”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My wife's Cuban hair dresser recommended this restaurant. He dines there several times a week. I now know why. Great staff; great service. Reasonable prices ($3.75 for a Stella Artois). Excellent food. Both of us had different pork dishes that were superb. The place is small and noisy but that's OK.

• Visited August 2014

Melbourne, Florida
“Pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

My daughter suggested we try this place and I am glad we did! We went on a Thursday night around 8:30 pm and the place was packed. I was surprised as I was hesitant to go so late, but they do close at 10 pm. The place is small, but nice. The service was great, very attentive wait staff, but not overbearing. I had the cuban style chicken fajitas and it was delicious. I particularly enjoyed how each thing on my plate popped with flavor. The beans are amazing, loved the rice, and the sweet plantain was so good! We also enjoyed the coconut flan! Two quality meals (with enough leftover for lunch the next day) and dessert for $35! This place is a must try if you haven't been here! We will definitely be going back!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank dvstar40
Indialantic, Florida
“Loved the food”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

This is the most authentic Cuban restaurant in the area. It is spotless, decorative and the food tastes great!
Get the Lechon Asado (roasted pork) you won't go wrong.

2 Thank Govantes
mexico
“not only in miami”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

we were two adults.we had drinks that were very good.my wife had the cuban sandwich,i had pork stew,both were excellent,good seasoning etc.,portions good size.overall value was very6 good.it is a small place and a little noisy.they had a guitar player playing and singing,which would be great if you could hear him.i would go back,it was very good.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank stevemexico
Melbourne, FL
“You cannot judge a book by its cover”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is a very good Cuban restaurant, the servers were very knowledgable about Cuban food. We had roast pork and the stuffed pepper, both were above average. It has a small dining room, but we did not feel crowded. The night we were there they had live entertainment. I would recommend this for someone looking for good Cuban food and the first time Cuban food diner. We will definitely go back! The only downside is that they have only wine and beer.

• Visited July 2014