“Great food-Great Service!”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This unassuming eatery is one of my favorite places! As a VERY frequent business traveler I am accustomed to dining solo a good bit of the time. In general, I choose fast-take out food...it's rare that I find a comfy atmosphere for a solo diner! I had been told Cuban Island had terrific food, so I decided to give it a try. SO GLAD did! The staff is chatty, helpful and made me feel right at home. So much so, that I now make a point to visit each time I am in FL for work! The Sangria is fabulous....so refreshing you know it's home made! I am working my way through the menu, with the help of the wait staff I try to stay with the most traditional Cuban favorites..ALL have been fantastic. One visit I made with my boss....we were entertained by live music (which the restaurant has a couple of nights each week)! This one is a MUST DO if you are anywhere along the Space Coast!

There are newer reviews for Cuban Island Restaurant

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is a quaint little place where the staff are extremely welcoming, friendly and attentive. The food is very flavorful and the portions are generous but not overwhelming. I enjoy lunch here several times per month and dinner is also a great experience. The atmosphere is very nice, with local artist's art work on the walls and latin music is always playing. They have beer and a nice wine selection. For lunch, the sandwiches are delicious and probably more than most can eat. They have a delicious, perfectly portioned and complimentary ham salad and Cuban bread served to you while you wait for your food. It's a great little place!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Tried to see how it compared to our favorite Cuban place, pleasantly surprised. Clean modern appearance. Food was good, larger number of choices on menu. A completely different vibe,
More like what we might find in Miami. Staff was. Pleasant and portions were right sized. The
Tamales were really good, plan to return and have another for lunch with a tiny cup of delicious Cuban coffee.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Although we've lived in the area for three years, this was the first time we have been to the Cuban Island. It's located on A!A, across from the beach. It's a pleasant place, with about 10-12 tables and a beer and wine bar. Recorded Cuban music is playing, and we thought it was a little loud, but not terribly so.

Our waitress was very good, checked on us a couple of times, and refilled my soda before it was empty.

We each got a different sandwich, and split them. I ordered the Cuban, which was the best Cuban I have ever eaten. The bread was fresh and crunchy, and he meat and cheese very good. The cheese was melted, which you don't often see. Like I said, it was great.

My wife ordered the Pan Con Bistec. The sandwich was good, but didn't approach the level of the Cuban.

The sandwiches come with your choice of fries, soup or salad. We both opted for the salad, which appeared to be a bagged spring mix from the grocery store. Good, but nothing special.

My sandwich was $7.50, and my wife's $9.00. That Cuban was to die for, well worth the price and then some.

We'll definitely be back, but the sandwich was so good, I don't think I'll explore the menu. When I find something I love, I tend to stick with it.

I highly recommend the restaurant. I believe lunch is served from 11-2, and dinner starts at 5:00.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I've been here 5 times. Each time has been a pleasure. Not only is the staff pleasant, but the other diners have all added to the atmosphere. Every body has always been pleasant. I get the feeling there are a lot of regulars here. The appetizers are fantastic. Try the ham croquettes.