“Great food and service.”

Cuban Island Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in Indialantic
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was driving back from Cocoa Beach and I was looking for a place to get lunch before my way back to Minneapolis and I came a cross "Cuban Island Restaurant" and decided to give them a try.
The server was friendly; after checking the menu with so many choices I decided to ask the server for his advise and in his own words he said to me... "Every thing taste great but the Cuban Sandwich was his favorite" so I order the Cuban sandwich.
During the wait, he serve me an aperitif of salsa and flat bread (left of my photo) and it was very tasty.
The sandwich was big and it came with a side salad and chips. The server approach to my table to see if I needed anything else and if everything taste good; and it tasted amazing. At the end, I order an espresso and it was also excellent. To my surprise, the cost of every thing was under $11 and this included soft drinks, sandwich, chips and coffee.
If you want a yummy food not from your regular chain supply, try this restaurant, you won't bit the taste or prices.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Cuban Sandwich has processed deli ham and not real butter for toasting. Fries were frozen and black beans canned. While waiting on order at bar, one employee poured own glass of wine and walked through kitchen to sit by me at bar. Another employee stood at end of bar ordering food from salesperson. So, hearing conversation confirmed my assessment of the food. All food ordered was processed and frozen. NOT AUTHENTIC CUBAN FOOD.

3  Thank Dannett B
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a great Cuban restaurant. Take it from me, I am Cuban and I know how Cuban food is supposed to taste. The owner is very nice and he is also Cuban. They keep adding new things to their menu which is fantastic for us since we always go to this restaurant when we feel the urge to eat Cuban food. Our 13 years old granddaughter loves their "ropa vieja" and black beans which by the way the last time we were there tasted almost as good as mine. They make a great sangria and the service is very good. For Cuban food is a little expensive but let us get real, we are not in Miami. I will strongly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This small restaurant serves excellent food. The place is clean, friendly and the service is excellent. Classic Cuban food with an easily understandable menu. The staff are always happy to explain non-experts what any dish might comprise. Try the Fajitas de Puerco a la cubana - $14 {Cuban style pork fajitas with Marinated sauce, grilled pepper and onions}

1  Thank Observer-Y
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at the Crown Plaza and wanted something quick & close for dinner. I got the roast pork, black beans/rice which were very good. Cuban bread was served different, smashed and served with olive oil & herbs. I prefer fresh Cuban bread with butter, and we never got a 2nd offering. Prices were reasonable, but the place is very small with limited seating.

1  Thank Floridaskimmer