“Excellent Lunch!”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Try the Cuban Sandwich, you will not be disappointed! Everything served was fresh and delicious.
Great atmosphere, wonderful friendly service. I will return with friends.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Have had lunch here 2 times in the past week. Food was delicious, well prepared. All food arrived at the table at proper temperature. Service was friendly and efficent. Nice wine list for a small restaurant. Going back for supper soon. Best Cuban or Island restaurant in the area.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I tried this restaurant while on a business trip. From the moment I sat down I was greeted by a very friendly server, however, the guy behind the bar (read owner/manager) kept staring me down and giving me dirty looks. A very uncomfortable situation. I'm not sure if I reminded him of someone back in Cuba or it was just because of my Italian/sopranos look.
Whatever it was it made me very uncomfortable.
Additionally, the food was bland. Massitas =bland
Rice =bland
Yuccas= ok
Coronas= good
Servers= excellent

Go somewhere else for your Cuban fix!

3  Thank Rur3dy
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Cuban Island Restaurant offers tasty Cuban food. Palomilla and Ropa Vieja are good choices. Order Tostones and maduros as well. You can dine in or carry out. The service is good. Check out this place and try Palomilla for a tender delicious steak.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Came up from South Florida and this Cuban food was excellent. Service was friendly and quick. I had the Snapper with yellow rice and red beans with fried plantains and my husband had a wonderful flavorful roast pork dinner with yellow rice and red beans. Dessert was a very tasty flan. I had a glass of Spanish wine and my husband had a Stella on draft. We both enjoy this better than any Cuban food in south florida. We are definitely going back!