All reviews old florida beach chairs mom and pop place bedroom and bathroom family run easy access to the beach chain hotel living area coffee maker nice little place pots and pans would definitely stay here again can't wait to go back kaz units ocean stove
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This place is great for a laid back beach visit. It's right on the beach, so gives great access for night time walks to see sea turtles nesting, lounging on the beach all day, and sunrise views too. The owners are very friendly and offer beach chairs, and even loaned us a beach umbrella. The units have a small, simple kitchenette, so you can make some of your own meals. And it's nice to have a separate room for lounging other than the bedroom, so it feels more like a cabin for a small group or couple than like a motel. It's nothing fancy, but neither is the price. We did feel the AC was mysteriously noisy in unit 4 at times. And know that there are few extras included, so bring your own shampoo and body lotion.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mita C
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We were lucky to stumble on this gem 4 years ago when our daughter started at FIT. Since then we have looked forward to our visits to Melbourne and the chance to stay here and enjoy the piece and quiet on the beach.

The rooms are mini-suites and very comfortable, always well taken care of and very clean. The beach is beautiful and quiet. There is no better place to sit, sip your morning coffee and watch the sun rise!

Unfortunately, as far as visits to Melbourne, they will be fewer and much farther between now that our daughter has graduated. If you will be visiting your student at FIT we can't recommend The Oceanfront Paradise enough.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Robin M
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I recently stayed here with my hubby and two children, ages 1 and 3, for five days. It was absolutely wonderful...relaxing, beautiful and impeccably clean. The owners, Kristina and Kaz, are very, very nice and they were only interested is making sure that we had everything that we needed. The cottages are nice and spacious, and have that dozy "old Florida" feeling that I fondly remember from childhood. The cottage always smelled fresh and clean as a result of the owners thankfully always keeping the AC on and the windows and doors closed (as one of the other reviewers mentioned, that's the only way to keep out the mold and mildew here in Florida). The beach itself is nice and secluded, with very few people and lots of space. There were also a lot of shells on the beach, which my little ones loved collecting.

My little ones absolutely loved it here. We visited and pet the kitties (numerous times a day), played in the grassy area outside the room and had easy access to the beach. Having a mini-kitchen was great as it made having food and snacks for my two little ones a lot easier than at standard hotels. There is no doubt that we will be spending our next beach vacation here.

As far as I can see, there were only two drawbacks from our stay. First, I really did expect more kitties (actually, reading that they had cats was the main reason we originally chose this resort over some of the others we considered). There was only one female with a couple of young kittens that would only hang out on the back porch of the owner's home/office. I guess I expected something more like Key West, where you would see a few nice kitties on the property itself. That would have made our stay even nicer. The second minor drawback was that the cottage only had a shower, no bathtub. That made things a bit more difficult for us with our two little ones. Having a hand shower head with one of those flexible hoses instead of a regular shower head would make things easier.

Nevertheless, staying here was wonderful and we will definitely be back. I highly recommend Oceanfront Paradise Resort if you are looking for a relaxing, laid back and enjoyable beach vacation.The property is lovely, the owners are great and being right on the beach is fabulous.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Deb C
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We first stayed here Christmas Eve 2011. We have such a fabulous experience, we stayed here again on our next visit to Indialantic. Kristina makes you feel so very welcome and very accommodating. They are lovely cottages with a big courtyard in the center. There are plenty of lounge chairs oceanside, or just outside your front door. Each time we have visited, it was spotlessly clean. I read a couple reviews mentioning bugs. I am a Florida native, and that is just a fact of life in Florida. Anytime you have trees, grass and landscaping around, you are going to occasionally see a bug -- no matter how spotlessly clean your home is !!! So I am hopeful no one will take a negative view of this great property based on those reviews.

We will certainly be back next time we are in the Indialantic/Melbourne area. It is always a pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Debbiem7763
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have been staying with Kristina and Kaz for many years. Most of which have been extended stays for business. As a single woman, I have always felt safe, and comfortable at their hotel. I love the "old Florida" feel, and the quiet atmosphere. I have never seen a roach in any of the rooms I have stayed in... (I have stayed in all but 2)

This privately owned property has 8 rooms, each with a separate livingroom/kitchenette. The owners take great pride in making sure their guests are comfortable.

My last visit was this past April/May, and I was so happy to be back "home"

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo