“Relaxing helpfull staff”

Beach Tropics Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Indialantic
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Took my son on his first vacation to Florida. We went to Disney World then went to see the Sea Turtles. This hotel had the most helpful staff. Advise on where to go, where to eat and even a few things to see that we didnt know about. The rooms were simple but clean. The pool and the view was amazing. The lady at the front desk was so polite funny and helpful. thanks for making my family vacation better than I planned.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This motel is a quaint, old Florida style motel. Rooms were clean, small but complete bathroom. Location is great, right on the beach, and the pool was a good size and clean. But the rules and staff leave a lot to be desired. I understood the rule for no visitors in the room. A little extreme, but I can live with that. However, the couple we had arranged to meet there invited his sister to meet us on Saturday to go out to eat. They had NO intention of staying overnight, just to hang around with us for an hour or two, then out to dinner, and drive back home to Vero Beach. As soon as they drove into the parking lot, one of the lady attendants ran to their car, and told them to leave. When we explained what was going on, she again said they had to leave immediately. This motel has limited parking, so we offered to park down the street in a shopping center lot, but again, NO! They we not registered guests, and we not allowed onto the property. Just a little extreme for us. Also, if you ride a motorcycle, don't bother calling them. NO MOTORCYCLES ALLOWED! Look around, you can find a place where the staff has a better attitude.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Dragracerusa
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I grew up in Melbourne Beach, Florida (which shares Indialantic's southern border) and recently returned on vacation to revisit my old stomping grounds. A childhood friend of mines Mother owned the Beach Tropics Motel (under a different name) when I was a kid. Long story short, this place is FAR from the quaint, Old Florida Style place my friend's Mom owned and ran. During the checking in process I was recited a list of rules for guests, that gave me the impression that the management felt like all of their guests were surely "up to no good".
When I first entered my room, several things weren't working. The overhead light didn't work, neither did the air conditioner (fan stuck on high setting), nor the internet. I was given a light bulb to replace the overhead light while the desk clerk wrestled with the air conditioner and got it to run on a lower speed. It quickly resumed running on "high"...I lived with it.Being fairly computer savvy, I knew what the internet problem was but, was given some lame excuse, I lived with it.
ALL of the rooms are "no smoking" rooms, forcing me to smoke outside where I met the guests in the neighboring room and after a short discussion with them, quickly understood the need for so many restrictive rules.
The room was small, the bed worn, the bathroom TINY, with a showerhead placed for someone perhaps 5 feet tall.
The girls who worked in the office were unprofessional, rude, almost mean.
I had originally thought of staying for a week...I couldn't check out fast enough the next morning! My friend's Mom surely is turning in her grave...sad.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank joseph n
Misch77, Manager at Beach Tropics Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Again I would like to say that all I will be stating is truthful facts which is not the case in this mans review.
Firstly yes we do at check in give the following key speech not because we think the guest are unruly or "up to no good" after 22 years this speech is just a friendly reminder to our guests.
This is what we say.
'Our office opens at 9am check out time is 11am '. 'Please park your car in the assigned space for the room '. 'We do not allow any unregistered guests on the property under any circumstance '.
The reason we don't allow unregistered guests on the property is to keep things safe and quite and not let someone come rent a room then invite a bunch of extra guests over to disturb guests etc.
This man claims the overhead light didn't work he called down our desk clerk who brought a bulb down and then realized that all that was wrong was he had not turned the switch all the way to the on position.The light worked perfectly good and this man knows this.
He then claims the A/C had problems on high fan only...The A/C is brand new and he had set the temperature to the lowest setting of 64 degrees and the clerk pointed this out.The A/C had to be on high fan to try to work at maximum capabilities to try to get the room from maybe 85 degrees to 64 degrees!!!!!Once the clerk adjusted the temperature to 74 degrees the fan went from high to low this should make sense for anyone with some common sense!!!!
We have no internet problems.We test our devices on a regular basis to prove good connectivity.
Yes all our rooms are now non smoking.For over 20 years we had a small amount of smoking rooms and even smokers didn't like the smell of other people's smoke and we found it to be the right business decision to make all the rooms non smoking and fresh and free of smoke for considerate reasons to all our future guests.
As far as comments about talking with the neighbors in the next room.I'm sure they share the same opinion about this guest after talking to him in this regard.
It is true our rooms are small and the bathrooms are small.This Motel was originally built in the mid 1950's,but we keep things clean quite and very safe.
This man seems to be the only person to have a negative opinion about the two ladies who work here as you can see in almost every other review good or bad about the motel in general only positive things were said about these ladies and they really try to make the guests feel at home and welcomed.
The last of his comments well I wont even comment on those they speak for themselves!!!!!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was shocked to see the other reviews. Tiffany was very helpful in our check in and giving us ideas to do around the area. Mike was very nice as well! I travel allot and those two made our visit feel like we were with good friends. The pool was clean and our room was fresh smelling and very clean. I really enjoyed my time there and will be the place we go from now on. I visit here once every three months. Can't believe i never tried this motel before but for now on!! This is the spot!! Thanks Tiffany for your warm welcome and you and Mike have my buisness!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 27, 2013

First, I want thank the staff for making our vacation such a great time again this year. This is a mom and pop motel with great prices. They are very clean, the pool is well maintained and the beach is great! The staff goes out of the way to make your stay enjoyable. The location is good for shopping and the restaurants are good. Great Mexican rest. and breakfast rest. right down the road. See you again next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KayeAtkins
Reviewed September 25, 2013

ha ha!!!! what a place to stay!!!!! chose this place cos we was gutted with the place we had booked. paid $89 per night plus tax for 3 nights. first room they put us in ( which was supposed to be the best!) was a joke!!!!! 2 beds against the wall and the biggest tv in front of the only mirror in the room!!! air freshener plug ins everywhere. i found 3 in the bathroom!!! how bad must this place smell?????? patio doors that face the sea drilled and screwed shut as the owner said the sea water destroys the rooms!!!! haha a/c broke down during the night and we had had a really uncomfortable night!! so they moved us to the room next door which is the room they show on the website!!!! best room they have out of the crap holes they rent out!!!! place full of wierdos and misfits!! and that includes the manager!!! day staff lovely over worked and under payed !!! cannnot do enough for you. whats with the manager and day staff using the pool together before they open the gates to us muppets that have paid to use it though????. would NEVER stay here again poor rooms, poor management, disgraceful d.i.y. in rooms!!!! and smelly!!!!! why so many airfreshners!!!! i counted 9 in our 2 bed studio!!!!!!

Room Tip: dont book one!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank evans321Manchester
Misch77, Manager at Beach Tropics Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

This lady and her husband were shown the very room they rented in advance of registering.They obviously liked the room so much that they checked in for three days.
It is true that I informed them in advance that we keep the sliding glass doors locked shut as to stop the salt air causing dampness as the doors in question are a mere 25 feet from the beach....YES we are that close to the Ocean!!!.They again understood and accepted this.Yes it is true that we keep no more than 2 plug in air fresheners in the room,as we do not leave the AC on 24 hours a day when the room is vacant.The air conditioner in there room worked fine and the proof is that after they checked out the room was rented to a family for 5 days and they were very happy.We did in an attempt to keep this guest as happy as we could put them in a smaller room where the ac can get to a temperature of 64 degrees which they liked.
Even though we received no other complaints from them the next morning after agreeing to stay 3 days they wanted to leave after just the one night which we allowed them to do and they were only charged for the one night they stayed.
As far as comments about the manager being a misfit and a weirdo I can only assume they are referring to me,which seems kinda strange as both people were very polite as was I during the only 10 minutes or so that they talked to me.I guess trip advisor allows derogatory comments like this being said without any truth or substance and I refuse to lower my standards to that level and only respond with truthful facts.
Its is also true that the 50 inch flat screen tv does block some of the mirror in that room but there is an additional mirror she failed to mention and an additional flat screen tv in the room,or the fact that the room has been newly tiled.It is also true that on occasions a member of staff will open the pool early and go for a swim and of course the pool when opened early is open for all guest to go swimming early as well.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Unfortunately, I reserved a room at this motel for 3 nights. If you have visitors to your room you must pay 5.50 per person even if they are not staying (they say for "insurance" purposes) when my granddaughter drove an hour over to spend time at the beach with me, they wouldn't even let her go to the bathroom in my room. The room is antiquated and tiny with cockroaches. The beds and bathroom are clean. The ONLY good thing about this place is the empty pool due to no customers. I will not be back...and I don't think they care.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Schmaksi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
1 mi away
Tuckaway Shores Resort
Tuckaway Shores Resort
#1 of 5 in Indialantic

Been to Beach Tropics Motel? Share your experiences!