“Waste of time & gas.”

Lou's Blues
Ranked #11 of 60 Restaurants in Indialantic
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: This is right next door to Doubletree, Crown Plaza and Hilton. People staying in those hotels definitely need to know about Lou's Blues!
Charlottesville, VA
“Waste of time & gas.”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I showed up there for the Monday night jam session at 8:30 as I was told over the phone by a restaurant employee. The house band continued to play until 10:00. When they were finished the lead singer (who seemed to be in charge of things) came over and told me that I could get set up. He pointed out a cheap solid-state amp in the corner and sitting right beside it was a nice fender tube amp which the house band had been using. I guess it belonged to the guitar player and not the club. I told the lead singer that I didn't play through solid-state amps if that's all they had. He said that was all they had, so I left. In my opinion, I don't think any decent blue's club would ask a musician to play through such a cheap peice of crap. If they can't afford a decent tube amp, then they have no business having a blue's jam.

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank Jeff D

Huntingtown, Maryland, United States
“Great Timeand Music”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

If you want an ecclectic, eccentric place to sit and have a drink or a little food, with fantastic blues and rock music, this is your place. This harkens to the old roadhouse rock and roll joints in the 60's and 70's, where travelling bands would pay a visit. Wednesday and Sunday are fantastic with local "karaoke" talent, but this isn't Applebees on a Thursday night; the band is outstanding, the the singers are all great, many that can (and probably do) headline their own bands! A great time had by all!

• Visited March 2012
pa
“Wed night jam with Dave”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

You have to goto this an see the incredibly talented people sing. I was blown away when the first lady got up and nailed singing Hearts Baracuda

Visited March 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Music and Fun Place, Unique”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I have been to Lou's Blues dozens of times. It is unique in many ways, and can be a lot of fun.

It's about 100' from the ocean's edge, with a beautiful view from its outside, upper deck.

No smoking on the inside, which is great. I no longer go to establishments that allow smoking. But you can smoke outside on the upper deck.

A sizable portion of the clientele are . . . well . . . unique. And I say that affectionately. Some of them might be described as aging, good natured hippies. These folks are generally some of the locals. But you will find all types of people there, including vacationers, business people, professionals, and bikers.

Yes, it is a semi-biker bar. If that makes you feel uneasy, not to worry. I am biker myself and may go there in biker guise but at other times I go just for the night out without the garb or bike. Either way, I tend to have a good or often great time.

Generally, it is an older crowd, Any age, for that matter. Not too many people in their 20s go there, at least not often.

The inside of Lou's Blues is kind of old and tattered but it has character. Countless collectibles and memorables are hung or positioned throughout the building. You may find your eyes drifting towards the corners, walls, and ceiling, examining all of the cool stuff.

Live music is presented on the weekends and sometimes during the week. On the weekend, pop-style bands are presented (usually not blues) with lots of danceable music.

There is no cover charge, except on rare occasions when known artists are presented. I actually saw Johnny Winter there! Amazing for such a small place.

On my last visit, I paid $3.50 for a bottle of good beer when live music was happening. It's cheaper at off-times.

As mentioned it can be an older crowd, like me. But they tend to be quite lively. No Frank Sinatra for these folks. Loud rock or blues or whatever with lots of dancing.

They sell "bar" food like wings and incredible burgers. I don't like everything but most of what I tried was good to excellent.

• Visited November 2011
Gainesville, Georgia
“Makes for a fun night”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Right on the beach! Its a party, everyone there is ready for a good time! Made our night awesome after staying at the crappy Radisson Hotel right next to it! Would definitely go back!

Visited September 2011