“Could be rated higher, but needs just a little more...”

Bunky's Raw Bar & Seafood Grille
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Indialantic
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We came here due to the proximity of our hotel (Crowne Plaza). We like to play BuzzTime Trivia and located this location on BuzzTime's App. We do not eat seafood, therefore this was initially a turn off, but we expected we could find some drinks and maybe a non-seafood appetizer to enjoy.

Trying to find up to date information about this bar and restaurant was made difficult because Bunky's website was not up to date. In fact, their website made no reference to Buzztime at all and referenced "a brand new location" (their current location) Shockingly, it wasn't really a new location at all - they had been there for a few years already! Information was limited and had it not been for the reference on BuzzTime's website, my wife and I wouldn't have visited. Instead, we took a gamble that it would have the BuzzTime and we'd find some food that would be to our liking. Thankfully we did!

Inside, the layout is fine and offers several TVs for sports and the BuzzTime that we were looking for. They were busy but we were greeted promptly and the waitresses were very friendly. We found a couple non-seafood items on their menu and we enjoyed the food we ate along with the very reasonably priced drinks.

Two days later we returned, sat at the bar and played more Trivia while enjoying their happy hour prices on beer.

The restaurant had an overpowering greasy smell that made me shed my clothes when we returned to our hotel, so perhaps the ventilation system needed updating or cleaning.

If I lived in the area (I live in South Florida), I could probably see myself as a frequent visitor, but as a business owner that specializes in online marketing for bars, restaurants and other small businesses, I can hope that the owners of this restaurant will take note of a few of my comments so they can be even more successful going forward to new visitors and regulars alike.

1  Thank Dan P

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Service was fine and food options were interesting, but overall pretty average. I had alligator two-ways, but would definitely suggest the fried. My husband had Mahi Mahi and it was really well-prepared.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were thrilled to get $3 cosmos, and I ordered the Poke which is hard to find outside Hawaii. It was terrific, except for pepper on the tuna which the waitress should have made sure wasn't used when I said I wanted something non-spicy. We'll go back again.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very casual. Service was so-so - waiter seems unengaged. raw oysters were very good other food was bland. This is a place I'd probably go to have a few beers then have some bar food rather than come just to eat

Reviewed June 15, 2013

When I'm hungry for a good fish sandwich, we head to Bunky's. It's usually crowded and often loud, but that's not a complaint. Lots of families eat at Bunky's and the kids enjoy the games and fish tanks.
I usually get a fish sandwich or a fish dinner (grouper if they have it). But the last time we went, I had my yearly craving for wings. I'd never had wings at Bunky's before, and these were very good. I had Howie's Specialty Wings: "Naked wings tossed in so not hot, teriyaki & garlic". The sauce was a wonderful combination of flavors. The next time I want wings, this is where I'm going.
But this is mainly a seafood place, with lots of fish and seafood on the menu. I've never had fish here that I didn't like. Sometimes they have fish tacos as a special. I love these and wish they'd put them on the regular menu.
There is a full liquor bar, and the bar area itself is usually full of locals.