“Complete dining experience in the most unexpected place” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Jungle Organic Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 60 Restaurants in Indialantic
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orlando, Florida
“Complete dining experience in the most unexpected place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

This organic restaurant is on A1A in Melbourne Beach, FL an area rich in tourists and retirees. The unexpected breezy & cool temperatures signaled a wind of change.
The ambiance- many a restaurateur dealing with a strip mall space should take note. A surprising large space is split between the restaurant and the organic/healthy food grocery of the same name. The dining room takes you to another place entirely with darkened lighting, hard wood floors and the sounds of waterfalls framed in rock walls. Doesn’t quite take you to the amazon but certainly removes you from the sand and asphalt just a few hundred yards away.
This is remarkable considering you have just parked in a lot shared with a thrift store and a beach bike rental. Several major hotel chains have locations within a mile or two, so the clientele was familiar. Yet, my wife and I were cautious going in. Confined to eating gluten free by my gluten intolerance, the Jungle was highly rated in my GF app.
The food- Prior to ordering we were presented with small spoonful-sized metal cups of free soup samples. Shockingly, all 4 were gluten free. 3 were spectacular, thick, creamy and full of fresh homemade flavors. White Bean chili, creamy leek and the seafood/shrimp bisque were the stars. The corn beef & cabbage was a bit too spicy for our taste. GF soup in a restaurant is rare indeed.
We started with the Gluten Free version of the Bruschetta appetizer. The Udi’s GF toast points were a perfect choice for this unique blend including avocado and homemade basil pesto. Different and wonderful.
I enjoyed 3 Caribbean fish tacos loaded with cheese and sour cream. Very skeptical of any fish menu item where the actual variety of fish is not specified, these were delicious. The fish portion was not abundant but adequate.
My wife loved the stuffed chicken breast grilled with lemon and white wine. We eat chicken as a staple food at home. Whenever you are pleasantly surprised with a superior version of a familiar item, it is memorable. Juicy, moist and a perfect blend of flavors. Sampling freshly cut portions from her plate of the chicken, baby spinach and cheese was out shined by the tomato. Most often when a warm dish has tomato included, it is cooked down to a mushy but tasty component. This chef was wise enough to serve the tomato at the same temperature as the meat and spinach, yet firm, ripe and full of turgor pressure. A spectacular example of the flavors perfectly complimenting each other.
The staff was attentive, professional and seemed genuinely committed to their mission as I perceived it, to serve organic, healthy meals for the right reasons.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank inotown

“Tasty Organic Meals!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have now eaten at The Jungle a half dozen times. Their food is consistently fresh, good tasting and well presented. I will keep coming back!

• Visited October 2013
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Try the Jungle Veggie Burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I have become hooked on these. Not your run of the mill vegetarian burger. I am a burger fan of any kind and this one is tops. Do yourself a favor and pair it up with a glass of red sangria. They should bottle the stuff it is so good.

1 Thank Stacey R
Melbourne, Florida
“Vegan night in Indialantic,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have gone to this restaurant to eat several times. Last time we decided to try the bean burrito with chicken and it was okay. Their soups are very tasty and they always have different ones to choose from. I will probably say that their fish plates are the way to go. They are simply delicious. Don't order the smoothies because you will be disappointed . I once tried their
grass feed burger and I was not impressed. Then again am not really a meat lover.
Prepare your wallet since the food it is extremely expensive.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank vivian d
“Amazed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife asked me to take her there due to the store, as she wants to pursue a healthier lifestyle, and her asking was her attempt to get me 'involved'.
As we walked to the deli counter, we were deliciously overwhelmed by the clerks enthusiasm for us to sample their items... All were surprisingly good.
After looking around the store, we decided to try the restaurant...
We were sat and welcomed by the chef, and greeted by a pleasant and knowledgeable server, Kayla, I think, who brought us a delicious sample of today's featured soups.
She also mentioned today's featured item was the grass-fed burger with an organic bleu cheese sauce, carmalised onions with baby portablela mushrooms... sounded good to me! Upon asking, she said her fav item was the roasted eggplant sandwich. Upon further prompting, she said the veggie burger was the chefs fav.
I work in food service and have learned to respect a server's honest opinion... so we decided to share the eggplant sandwich and the featured burger as a veggie burger.... now mind you, I was just there to appease my wife...
WOW!!! I never knew fresh, organic, healthy food could be so delectable and so lovingly prepared! Those were among the BEST sandwiches we have ever had! And we never missed the 'meat'! The veggie burger was distinct and savory, with a hearty flavor... combined with the BC sauce, onions and 'Bella's', wow! And the eggplant sandwich was unreal!
What surprised me was the side items (and dessert later), were taken from the deli case and were items we had already tried and liked... a helpful hint for future visits...
For dessert, we shared the vegan, raw, carrot cake.
It was dense and moist with a light flavor. Not like traditional carrot cake that tends to be too sweet. While different, it was among the best we'd ever had.
Needless to say, I may be a convert to a new way of eating :)
The love and passion were evident in every bite!
The employee passion, from the clerk at the deli counter to chef greeting us, and our server were evident. The manager also came over to check on us. 'Buck', I think her name was, was energetic and also passionate.
It's great to know there is a fresh, vibrant, passionate place to go get food that's both delicious and healthy coupled with an eatery that uses the same product. The store supports the restaurant and vice versa.
Its a 30 min drive for us and we'll def return often!

2 Thank faelin96