“Amazed”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Amazed”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife asked me to take her there due to the store, as she wants to pursue a healthier lifestyle, and her asking was her attempt to get me 'involved'.
As we walked to the deli counter, we were deliciously overwhelmed by the clerks enthusiasm for us to sample their items... All were surprisingly good.
After looking around the store, we decided to try the restaurant...
We were sat and welcomed by the chef, and greeted by a pleasant and knowledgeable server, Kayla, I think, who brought us a delicious sample of today's featured soups.
She also mentioned today's featured item was the grass-fed burger with an organic bleu cheese sauce, carmalised onions with baby portablela mushrooms... sounded good to me! Upon asking, she said her fav item was the roasted eggplant sandwich. Upon further prompting, she said the veggie burger was the chefs fav.
I work in food service and have learned to respect a server's honest opinion... so we decided to share the eggplant sandwich and the featured burger as a veggie burger.... now mind you, I was just there to appease my wife...
WOW!!! I never knew fresh, organic, healthy food could be so delectable and so lovingly prepared! Those were among the BEST sandwiches we have ever had! And we never missed the 'meat'! The veggie burger was distinct and savory, with a hearty flavor... combined with the BC sauce, onions and 'Bella's', wow! And the eggplant sandwich was unreal!
What surprised me was the side items (and dessert later), were taken from the deli case and were items we had already tried and liked... a helpful hint for future visits...
For dessert, we shared the vegan, raw, carrot cake.
It was dense and moist with a light flavor. Not like traditional carrot cake that tends to be too sweet. While different, it was among the best we'd ever had.
Needless to say, I may be a convert to a new way of eating :)
The love and passion were evident in every bite!
The employee passion, from the clerk at the deli counter to chef greeting us, and our server were evident. The manager also came over to check on us. 'Buck', I think her name was, was energetic and also passionate.
It's great to know there is a fresh, vibrant, passionate place to go get food that's both delicious and healthy coupled with an eatery that uses the same product. The store supports the restaurant and vice versa.
Its a 30 min drive for us and we'll def return often!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank faelin96

Hypoluxo, Florida
“Fresh and Delicious”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Melbourne when we decided to visit The Jungle for lunch. They started us with a sampler of their four featured soups which were all tasty. My wife had the beet soup and the eggplant sandwich and I had the vegetable soup and fish rueben. All the food we ordered was great. the staff greeted, seated, and served us promptly with a smile. I wish that this place was much closer to home!

• Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
“Brilliant .... Great food, all freshly cooked”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Awesome... Was driving toward Cape Canaveral from Jensen Beach and spotted this place, it was utterly brilliant ! We loved the food, very fresh, and all very clearly lovingly prepared.... Owners should be accredited for their business !!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Steve C
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The restaurant & deli is phenomenal, the service is awesome, and the great tasting food will have me return over and over again!... Don't miss out on this great little place!

• Visited July 2013
Casselberry, Florida
“Wonderful, hidden Gem!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

if you're looking for a restaurant that cares as much what goes into the food as how it looks & tastes coming out of the kitchen, this is the place. A rare find for a nice little restaurant (and market) w/ a focus on organic, great tasting food!

Visited June 2013