“I liked it”
Review of Beach House Motel

Beach House Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Indialantic
Reviewed September 19, 2009

We stayed on the first floor and could see the beach right from my bed. I didn't think it was dirty at all. We stayed longer than we had planned. Another lady there, also on the first floor, stayed for over 2 months.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Beach House Motel

Reviewed April 25, 2009

Stayed here last week, it is an interesting place. From the exterior it looked very nice, freshly painted, it sits right on the beach, just beside the Indiatlantic boardwalk and 3 minute walk to cafes etc. The very bad and disgusting part is the minute you open the door to the room, we looked at 3 and went with the final one, top floor corner. First one was smoking and stale smelling and dark.

The location of this hotel is amazing, walk to cafes, Mexican down the road about 10 minute walk, liquor store also 10 min walk, right on the beach, smell and sound of the surf, balcony you can sit on and watch the sunrise etc... the really down side was the state of the room. It isn't even a star hotel, there were no mattress pads on the beds, rust in the little efficiency sink, carpet in the room so dirty that we wore shoes or flip flops even for a middle of the night bathroom run. Wondered if the toilet and bathroom sink had even been slightly washed. The shower? oh gross, I closed the curtain so as not to see it, but the dirty curtain was clear so not only could I see the filthy shower but the curtain as well. Nasty is how we described it, the general state of the room. Next door the screen was leaning against the outer wall. Spoke to the 'manager' who is the nephew of the owner and he said his uncle doesn't want to put a penny into the place. I understand not wanting to put money in but how about just hiring someone who knows how to clean??? the guy who does the cleaning and beds is a 40 something surfer boy and has an 'arrangement' with the owner, he cleans and gets a place to live in return. It's really sad because this place has immense possibilities, but at this rate it won't be there much longer. If and that's a big IF I were ever to stay here again, I'd only do it if I were local or from say a surrounding area and could bring cleaning supplies. It would take a couple of hours to clean and I would definitely bring my own mattress pad and sheets etc... I would only stay for a 3 days or longer so as to make it worthwhile. The next person would get a treat! The only reason I would ever consider staying here, knowing what the state of the place is, is because of it's location which you just can't beat.

Beware of the undertow and currents in the ocean in front of hotel, there were warnings and my husband went swimming but got tossed by a huge wave and crushed into the sand, it's very dangerous even for strong swimmers. There were lots of surfers obviously because of the size of the waves, but not ideal for swimming.

Am saying I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a friend, but as you can see I'm torn, mainly because of the location and the price $65 a night, but as they say 'you get what you pay for'.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank bananamamma
Reviewed February 11, 2009

Just showed up there and got a room. We loved it. No phone but we have a cell phone - who doesn't anymore. TOTALLY great - clean, nice people, lets you have pets, next to public access park, and RIGHT on the water. Price good - $65/night in January. We really had a great trip. Little kitchen with fridge. I'll stay again if we ever go back.

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cjones_25159
Reviewed October 2, 2007

I never stayed it such a dump. Furniture in the rooms old beat up. Drapes falling off the rods. No A/C tried out 3 rooms and they were all the same. DIRTY!!!! don't think the bathrooms have seen a cleaning product in at least a year. Linens were dirty. Oh, but a great view. Thinking they should condemn the place. Can't figure out why the Florida Health Dept. Hasn't shut it down. Oh yes after staying there one night had to run to CVS for something to put on my bites that I recieved during my stay. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank slinky12
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 13, 2004

I was impressed. The owners are quite nice and responsive.
The Beach view was awesome. The boardwalk was right next door with access to all the local flavor!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Brunswick, GA
Reviewed July 15, 2004

My room on 7/9/04 was directly on the beach. The only nice thing was the proximity to the beach. The room was fairly clean, but the ceiling tiles in the bathroom were falling in and one of the faucets was dangling from the wall in the shower. The phone did not even work. The whole place needed some major work. If you don't mind staying in a rundown motel, but would like to be near the beach, this may be for you. It was cheap.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
Tuckaway Shores Resort
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Beach Tropics Motel
Beach Tropics Motel
#4 of 5 in Indialantic

Been to Beach House Motel? Share your experiences!