“These People Should Not Be Inkeepers”
Review of Beach House Motel

Beach House Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Indialantic
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We booked our trip online. (receipt in hand for 4 nights) We requested a King bed. We arrived after a 17 hour journey to find two twin beds. We were so tired, we slept there anyway. The next morning, they agreed to let us move to a room with a King bed after they "remembered" we requested one. My husband is 6'4" and I am 5'9". This morning, they came beating at our door and asked why we hadn't checked out yet!!! They informed us that our reservation was for 3 nights instead of 4. Upon showing the manager my PAID IN FULL RECEPIT FOR FOUR NIGHTS, she said " Sorry, This room is already booked for tonight." Unbelieveable! My husband are in Florida for Bikeweek and now have no place to go. They offered us NOTHING. Horrible experience, never cleaned the room (which was filthy when we got there), the place is dingy, and the lights don't even work. Stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Jackie w

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed there four nights, and had a wonderful time. Oceanfront room was great, and the staff was wonderful. Sandi did a fantastic job making our stay very enjoyable. I would most certainly go back to stay here.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the stairs, the third floor is the best!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bonk57
Reviewed January 19, 2013

From the road you see the front and you think okay a motel with a parking lot view. When you actually enter the grounds it is a hidden secret. It has beautiful landscaping and a picnic area. The rooms are clean and it is under new management. There are only three floors 8-12,14-18 and 19-23 so there is no room 209. If we needed more towels we asked and they were delivered. We needed extra coffee and it was delivered. The staff was on it every step of the way. We were treated better if we stayed at the Hilton. They had time to make small talk and rooms were not cleaned in a rush. My husband and I really enjoyed our stay and it is a hidden secret tucked away all rooms with an ocean view. We will go back again!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patjohn1991
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed 2 weeks in a room up front and not on the beach. I loved every minute. I still had access to the beach and the room was nice and clean. The furniture was older but I paid for a room up front at the lesser price. If i needed anything the manager got it for me. She was constantly working on one thing or another. Cleaning rooms,laundry, gardening sweeping the parking lot or painting. The guests that were there enjoyed the bbq pit area cooking and visiting with family and friends. I plan on visiting the Beach House Motel again in the future. Love the staff and the place is getting fixed up and touched up and is starting to look great!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and private balcony but like I said I stayed in the cheaper rooms b...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank C
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We have stayed at this place everytime we come over this way and love it. Its clean, friendly and a good deal. Cant wait to go visit this week end. : )

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dotty M
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed there during our Florida road trip. When we first checked in we got a room on the ground floor. It was smelly and dark and people were playing ball right in front of our sliding glass doors, basically on our deck! It was very noisy so we went back to the check-in office and asked if we could have a room on an upper floor. We did receive a key to room 209 on the second floor and it was a little better.
However, the furniture was completely outdated, on the verge of falling apart. The sliding glass doors and the window on side of building were filthy!
The balcony was dirty and the phone was not working. My husband had to fix the shower with our swiss army knife as the water from the faucet did not switch to shower head.
The free wireless advertised did not work and my husband went back to the office to let the clerk know. He acted very surprised and set he would reset the router, but I don't think he even cared and the wireless was basically not available.
The bed was extremely saggy and old! I don't mind older places as long as they're clean and everything works and you get a good night's sleep, but this was the worst stay of our two weeks and we stayed at a lot of hotels / motels at that time!
The best thing about the place was the location, but the motel is in dire need of a makeover. They should have offered reduced rates and not charge the full amount of $79.99! Stay away!

Room Tip: Do not go there! Period!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank evakauai
Reviewed March 23, 2011

My review has two sides.

First, I was in town to visit and surf and needed a place to stay. Places were limited due to spring break. This place was recommended by a family member. It served it's purpose, available room on short notice, near the beach (right on it in fact), a decent price, $85 w/ tax, relative to bigger chains in the area (if they had a vacancy), and access to surf. If you aren't sensitive to cleanliness and any amenities other than a house outside to wash off, then the place is ok, used loosely.

Second part, I would not have brought the wife and niece to this place. There were some bugs, mostly dead, around the room and near the sliding door. Bed and pillows were not very comfortable. I think we were missing comforters. Only provided two towels. We mostly used the beach towels that we brought. Appliances, lights, and windows were in pretty poor shape.

Again, for surf, worth the stay, anything else, avoid this place.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank pgire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
#1 of 5 in Indialantic
Beach Tropics Motel
Beach Tropics Motel
#4 of 5 in Indialantic

Been to Beach House Motel? Share your experiences!