“"It Sucks to be You"”

Vistana Beach Club
Longmont
“"It Sucks to be You"”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I made my reservation three months ago and paid in full. Last week I called and confirmed they had my reservation. Less than 24 hours before my arrival I received an email informing me that "the hotel is unable to accept the reservation for your upcoming stay". I called the Vistana to ask them what they were going to do to help me find another comparable location at a comparable price, and I was informed they were going to do nothing. Fortunately for me, Expedia did help me and they ate the difference in cost. Conclusion: Do business with Expedia but don't do business with Vistana.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank John F
chris_egan, General Manager at Vistana Beach Club, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Wow, in all the many years I have to say, this is a 1st responding to a posting like the one you posted! I am not quite sure what actually occurred but sincerely apologize. We hope you give us another opportunity in the near future and thank you for posting on Trip Advisor.

Chris Egan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
albany new york
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I would like to say that our bathrooms were in much better shape this year. The rest of the beach club was in great shape as usual. The staff was great as they have always been. (Thanks to everyone) I would tell people to stay here . Last year my review had some bad thing to say but not this year.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to read we were able to meet your overall expectations this year. Thank you for the nice praises about my great team members and recommending Vistana’s Beach Club to future potential guests. We appreciate you posting on Trip Advisor and are in hopes we see you again very soon.

Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Great location; right on the beach. Beautifully appointed and clean, with everything we needed. This is our second time here. First visit was 22 years ago and very little has changed. They have kept up the place well.Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Lots of activities for all ages. I don't recommend the wine & cheese social- they serve cheap wine and it was very noisy. Not relaxing or fun. The beach is lovely and pool is nice.

Looking forward to our next stay here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
chris_egan, General Manager at Vistana Beach Club, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor and for the nice comments concerning my team members. Our Manager of Fun, Barry, does an excellent job creating activities for all ages. Our seasonal complimentary wine and cheese party always receives rave reviews and comments, I apologize that you did not experience the same feeling during your stay. We look forward to seeing you once again during your next visit with us at Vistana’s Beach Club.

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Our family of 6 just finished our 4th year spending 2 weeks with the amazing staff at Vistana's Beach Club. We were greeted at our car by Paul, a true gentleman who immediately began loading our bags onto a luggage cart while cheerfully welcoming us "home". Cecile remembered us and gave our 2-year-old a ballon upon our arrival which made her an immediate superstar! The activities staff ( Barry and Mela) always go above and beyond to be friendly and so accommodating to everyone. We all love them both like family and can't wait to see them every year. New staff at the beach; Cord, Moose and Matt are real gentlemen with great prices and had us paddle boarding and surfing almost every day!! So much fun! This resort is small, in a beautiful setting, quiet and offers a great opportunity for guests of all ages to have fun and to relax. Plan on visiting every year and miss our "home in the sun" already!!!

Stayed February 2014
chris_egan, General Manager at Vistana Beach Club, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We truly love starting off our busy week with such an awesome review like the one you posted on Trip Advisor! Both Paul and Cecile have been with us for many years and they love to see our guests like you return back to the resort each year. Yes, Barry and Mella are also passionate in providing memorable vacation memories to last a lifetime! Thank you for your kind words about Cord, Moose and Matt that provide the beach chair/umbrella rental services. I am pleased to announce that they have recently opened up a new Gift Shop on property. So welcome home once again and thanks for posting on Trip Advisor. We sincerely look forward to your visit with us again next year.

Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We did not need to be ocean front to have a great view. 7th floor on the south corner gave us a view of the ocean and the river. Beautiful at night for sunsets and night lights. The master bedroom was on the ocean side and had a king bed. It had a jacuzzi .The other bedroom had twin beds. It was able to be closed off for privacy for the bath. I liked having a washer and dryer in the unit since we were there for 2 weeks.
There were several restaurants within a mile.
The only problem was the air conditioning was not working too well.
This was our 3rd year to Hutchinson Island. The other 2 we stayed at sandpiper at the Marriott. I liked Vistana better

1 Thank Acey071368
chris_egan, General Manager at Vistana Beach Club, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for posting your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. As you stated, there are spectacular views from the ocean view building. The in-room washer & dryers and hot tubs are also a bonus as you posted. I agree; there are some excellent locally owned and operated restaurants close by. Thank you for reporting the issue with the air conditioner in the unit you occupied. We did in fact have to replace the digital thermometer in the unit. To read you enjoyed Vistana’s Beach Club over the local Marriott is truly an honor! Thanks again for posting on Trip Advisor and we look forward to your visit with us next year.

Ohio
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Vistana's Beach Club for nine days in February, 2014. She chose Vistana's from a search on Travelocity. Our intention was to stay at Vistana's and scout out other lodging for future trips. We have relatives and friends in the area. We quickly decided that Vistana's was so perfect we need look no further.

There are two buildings. I believe many are time shares. One is right on the beach. All units face the ocean. I think all units have two bedrooms. The other building is more toward the street and is reported to have "more amenities" but not on the beach. It does adjoin the pool. Both buildings are approximately nine stories high.

We stayed in room 210 in the building on the beach. It is an end unit and had a very wide wrap around balcony that accommodated an outside dining table seating four and lounge chairs with room to spare.Three TV's. It had a full modern kitchen, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a generous living area. A sliding door to the balcony was off the living area and the master bedroom. The view of the ocean was stunning. The view of the beach was obscured by the sand dune. This actually added to privacy. I am sure any higher floor would see over it. The middle units had smaller balconies that were enclosed on each end.

Beach access was very easy by going through the lobby and over the dune.

Ages ranged from families with kids to retirees. A very quiet area. Clean.

Any maintenance issues were addressed immediately by the staff. I broke the coffee maker carafe when washing it. A new Mr. Coffee in the box was at the door in five minutes. A burned out light was fixed immediately. Housekeeping came about every other day or when requested. The front desk even sent up balloons for my wife on her birthday. All staff we encountered was cheerful and inquired if everything was satisfactory. Fantastic!

There were low intensity activities scheduled every day. Ice cream social, etc. The pool was very nice and clean but did tend to get shady as the day went on. There was also a second level sunning deck with plenty of sun.

A1A (Ocean Drive), got very backed up southbound around 3:30 in the afternoon. I don't know why. Its not horrible.

We've tried to find a few negatives but could not come up with any.

We paid $207/night with tax for our room. I am not sure if this bargain price is normal or if we just got lucky but it was well worth it.

Vistana's Beach Club is our choice next time we are on Hutchinson Island.

Room Tip: I would choose the building on the beach and an end unit on floors three or higher if you want to se...
3 Thank TravelDocOhio
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback and beautiful pictures on Trip Advisor. You did an excellent job in describing our resort and surrounding areas. We are pleased to read that our team members were able to respond quickly to all of your needs. Thank you for choosing Vistana’s Beach Club and we are delighted that you spent your Birthday with us. We look forward to your return visit with us in the very near future.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great place for families. Lots of activities for kids. Great pool and hot tub. Friendly staff. Great access to the beach. Plan to return here next year!!! Highly recommend this place. Older adults might want a different place.

Room Tip: Tower 2 has washer and dryers in the rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
chris_egan, General Manager at Vistana Beach Club, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor. This is a family resort as you stated, and we have activities for kids of all ages. We look forward to your stay with us next year and thank you for recommending Vistana’s Beach Club!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hutchinson Island
Hampton Inn & Suites Stuart-North
Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island
Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina
Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites

Been to Vistana Beach Club? Share your experiences!