“A beautiful location ruined by canned music...”
Review of Vistana Beach Club

Vistana Beach Club
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This property is located on one of the best beaches in the world on Hutchinson Island. It is in a quiet and restful locale that should make for a peaceful oceanfront refuge. This is all spoiled by the very ill-conceived notion that canned music of the worst kind should be forced on people all day long. Want to open the big windows and doors and listen to the surf or the trade-winds in the palms? If you do that you will be bombarded with "It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To" all day long from morning till night this garbage music plays. No one is allowed to choose their own music or genre to listen to or to have no music at all, NO some manager has decided for everyone that we will listen to an endless loop of 50 year old lollipop garbage. I am in the property right now as I write this and I am absolutely dumbfounded. No surf, no solace...just canned oldies forced down my throat. Why? The peace and quiet of this fantastic location is utterly destroyed. What can a person do...wear headphones, earplugs? Why are people forced to do this? I cannot return to this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank 70countriesncounting
chris_egan, General Manager at Vistana Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We sincerely apologize that you did not care for the selection of music we had playing around the pool during your stay. We wish you would have mentioned your dissatisfaction of music to us while you were here. We could have turned down the music or selected another type of music. It is a Starwood Brand Standard to have music playing around the swimming pool. This prevents others from bringing their own radios and playing loud music of their choice. We thank you again for posting and are in hopes you will give Vistana’s Beach Club another opportunity in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Vistana Beach Club

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My grandmother brought me, my dad and my nephew down for the week. Given inclement weather for half the week I had to find ways to keep my 5 year old nephew busy and entertained, Berri and Milla in the activity center were so nice and helpful, thanks to them this vacation has been one that will be talked about for years. Our room was top notch with an amazing view of the ocean. And the staff made us feel like family. I'm not too sure why they have negative ratings, just the fact that management has replied to almost every review posted on here shows that they do care about their level of service.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
chris_egan, General Manager at Vistana Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for posting such an excellent review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that both Barry and Mella kept your nephew entertained during the poor weather. The resorts tag line is: “Creating unique, one of a kind, memorable vacation experiences to last a lifetime”. So we are excited to read this vacation experience will be talked about for years. We very seldom receive negative reviews and I personally respond to all reviews as you acknowledged. I sincerely care about everyone’s experience that stays on my property. Thanks again for posting and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We recently spent the New Years week at the Jensen Beach Vistana,this was our 2nd year in a row we spent there. It is a wonderful resort with excellent service. The rooms were newly furnished and kept very clean. Once we got home we received a call from Karl Cimino from the Vistana, we apparently left our luggage scale there. He promptly mailed it to us. Now that's what I call service! We will be back. Thanks Again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Vistana’s Beach Club on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to read that our Housekeeping Manager Karl contacted you about the luggage scale you left behind. Karl has been here with us for over 15 years as many of my other team members have. We look forward to your return visit for the 3rd year in a row.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Spending a week in Jensen Beach around new year. This place was booked through Starwood Vacation Group. I am an elite member of Starwood and let me tell you that this is one place you should avoid. The place is on the beach but nothing much else. It looks like an old motel converted into a resort. They have a small pool outside. The rooms are OK but beds and furnishings are not up to Starwood standards. The ac unit inside makes so much noise it is impossible to sleep while its on! I had to turn it off at night to sleep but could not as it got very hot quickly! I was put in a ground floor room from where you could only see the bushes even though I had specifically requested a ocean front room! The receptionist wasn't very helpful with anything at all.
Overall a very disappointing place to be and a total waste of a week in Jensen Beach. I will probably never come back to this place as there are thousands of better places to spend your vacation. Starwood elite members get a raw deal here. Stay out!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Arvindnc
chris_egan, General Manager at Vistana Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback concerning your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we obviously did not even come close to meeting your expectations as our goal is to exceed all guests’ expectations. The furnishings and beds are only a few years of age and the beds are the signature Sheraton Sweet Sleepers made exclusively for Sheraton. This resort is managed by Starwood Vacation Ownership (SVO) and the Board of Directors has elected not to brand the property a Sheraton or a Westin. It is indeed a wonderful property, but may not compare to some of the other resorts in the SVO collection as you have stated. In addition, this resort has some of the highest comment card ratings within Starwood. We thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and welcome you back to prove that Vistana’s Beach Club is by far the nicest resort on Hutchinson Island.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Beautiful oceanfront condo, very clean with all the amenities of home. Excellent service and friendly staff. Highly recommend this for a family get away. Spacious rooms with facilities for all ages. Local eateries and shopping very close by.

Room Tip: Ask for Building 1 for full oceanfront balcony. Awesome view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
chris_egan, General Manager at Vistana Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to read our team members took gracious care of you during your stay. As you stated, this property is very family oriented and fun for all ages. We look forward to your return visit with us in the near future.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Just got back from a 2 week stay at resort. Pleasantly surprised by the views and quality of resort, what a gem! Thanks to Chris and Tara in charge of my reservation, the room was fabulous. Thanks to Felicious at from front desk, she was very pleasant. The views of the ocean are spectacular and we slept with windows open and could hear surf. We wet in building 2 not far from beach and appreciated the washer dryer in our unit ( vs in hall for building 1 ). A friend visited from Wellington Fl, he has a beautiful home there and he commented: ''how did you guys find this wonderful place'' There is an outdoor gazebo available to all, next to Ocean dunes, we BBQ'd there and had a wonderful lunch, enjoying the surf. The beach is beautiful but steep, so bathing for young ones needs supervision. Thanks again to the staff for a great surprise! We would definitely go back! John

Room Tip: For building 2, higher floor and rooms ending in 01 or 02 would be better, but 03 and 04 are OK as w...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
chris_egan, General Manager at Vistana Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thanks John for posting your spectacular review about Vistana’s Beach Club on Trip Advisor. I have to agree, Felicious is a wonderful asset of our extended family of team members. You did an excellent job describing the Phase II building and are pleased to read your friends from Wellington were impressed with our resort. The gazebo is an excellent place to eat and relax enjoying the beautiful views of the ocean as you stated. We look forward to your next stay with us and now since you have stayed with us, it won’t be a surprise.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Barry, the activities director, has some awesome ideas for getting strangers staying at this resort, to get to know each other! Just returned from a Wine and Cheese Tasting event and had a great time! Got to meet and mingle with other guest at the resort, who I wouldn't have met otherwise. Interesting people from all over the world as well as places familiar to me.Beautiful location and no timeshare sales pitch!

Room Tip: Friday and Sunday checkin for Beach front room, Corner rooms have wrap-around balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
chris_egan, General Manager at Vistana Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

It’s great to read Barry’s fan club is hard at work once again! I agree Barry (our Manager of Fun) does an excellent job in the Activity Center with all of his crafts and games. We are also pleased to read you enjoyed our seasonal complimentary wine and cheese social. As you stated, we do not have an active vacation ownership sales presence at this property. We look forward to your return visit with us at Vistana’s Beach Club and thanks for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hutchinson Island
Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites
Turtle Reef Club
Turtle Reef Club
#2 of 3 in Hutchinson Island

Been to Vistana Beach Club? Share your experiences!