“Older & Broken.”
Review of Turtle Reef Club

Turtle Reef Club
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon. The room was run down but we did have a great view from our 5th floor room but that was really the only good part of the room. The in room hair dryers are sticky and gross one was broken so i let the front desk know I was told " I will let housekeeping know" never offered to get me a new one. We checked in after hours when I called to set up the lock box they didn't even get my name to make sure I was a legit reservation they told me the code and that it was changed once aweek! Thank god our keys were still there when we got to the check in office. Th kitchen cabinet was broken, the outlet in the living room was broken. A little renovation could go a LONG way with this. Staff could be a little more caring when you let them know about problems or/or offer to fix them not just let someone else know.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jaymie B

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Have stayed here many times, as a trade and as a rental and will again soon. We love the beach and the pool there and live within 15 miles, so it is a way to get away without a plane trip or long drive. Across the street is alberto;s not just a pizza place , great rack of lamb and asobuco.

Room Tip: Try to get an end unit, if they did'nt have screened in porches you could spit on the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Don08251950
DefenderResorts, Public Relations Manager at Turtle Reef Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your comments! We are happy to have you as a repeat customer and look forward to having you many more times!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We arrived after office hours....only to find our 1st floor room's sliding glass door 's lock was broken/missing....so wide open! We used a broom to prevent the door from being opened until office opened in the morning. I find it hard to believe that either housekeeping, maintenance or front desk did not know the lock was broken. Yet they rent the room to us. Spoke with office, maintenance not available until 10 am. Lock fixed. I brought all of my concerns listed in my Title to the front desk. Her response was, "Oh I am sorry to hear that." We left. NEVER to return. Will continue to steer all away from this Disaster. You can find much better on Hutchinson Island for the same price or less.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grayceey

We are deeply sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Turtle Reef Club. We try our best to make sure 100% of concerns are always addressed as quickly as possible. Prior to your stay we do not have any records indicating that the lock was broken and as soon as you reported it our typical protocol is standard in the hospitality industry - to wait until 10 am to conduct work inside the units to avoid waking up any guests too early and disturbing their vacation with any noise, but since it was a matter of a lock it was fixed by 8:30 a.m.

If we would have been made aware of the issues with the hair and kitchen we would have been more than happy to quickly change them out and fix them or switch you to another unit if one was available during your stay. If you ever want to give Turtle Reef Club another chance we would be more than happy to give you a discount on another unit and hope you can see the beauty of the resort. Thank you for giving us your feedback and we will be sure to share it with all our staff.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Booked through our travel club, Travel Advantage Network, for the week of 30 JUN 2013 to 07 JUL 2013. Was told they have 50 two bedroom units and two three bedroom units.

We were assigned unit # 210 which afforded us a panoramic view of the ocean from the front and side. The unit was clean, the only complaint was from my guest, the second bedroom had two twin beds that needed to be replaced. My guest feared moving around in bed for fear they would end up on the floor.

There is a barbeque area with two large grills, a heated pool, but no whirlpool. Refreshments available at certain times of the day at the pool. Soft drinks, ice cream, chips. One morning free pancakes, another day $3 for hot dog, chips, and a 12 ounce can of soda. Front desk staff available until 8 PM. If there is a problem there is a number to call after that time.

The only concern to share was we were there for the July 4th, and many of the time share owners had family join them that day for a day at the beach. We had intended on going out to eat but ordered pizza for fear that we would not have a place to park. Persons were parking on the grass and double parking in some areas.

In talking the their guests at the pool learned that many were time share owners since the resort opened in 1974. They spoke well of the resort with the exception of the twin beds in the guest room, NEW Mattresses and Box Springs were needed. Being 6'5", I slept great in the king size bed.

I would highly recommend this for families. They have a nice beach access and its a quiet family oriented resort.

Room Tip: There are 25 units that look out into the ocean but sit back about 50 yards. The other 25 units off...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank WhoDey119

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and your comments! We appreciate any and all feedback we recieve and will most definitely share your comments with our staff as well as our management and board who make the decisions at our resort!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Turtle Reef Club has been a staple vacation spot in my wife's family (now my family) for many years. It is in a wonderful location on a quiet, not overly developed part of Hutchinson Island. The building and facilities are good, not great, but many updates seem to be forthcoming within the units. The units are only steps from the beach and all have great views of the Atlantic (the 1st floor lacks in this department). The pool is nice and the exercise facility is a plus. The staff is hit or miss, some employees are great and very welcoming, while others are less than helpful. If your looking or a relaxing vacation on the beach on Florida's pristine Treasure Coast, Turtle Reef is worth your consideration.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cfegeley
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Turtle Reef Resort is a great place to stay for close beach access and to have a nice, quiet time. The beach was not crowded and had plenty of shells. There are pool/beach towels in the unit. The internet access is good, and we have had a problem with this in other resorts. The kitchen could use some updating. The steak knives are pretty bad. But there is a slow cooker, which was nice to have. The beds were comfortable. The view from our room was great. Had to pay to use washer and dryer. The elevator was very slow. The pool is a nice size and has plenty of chaise lounges and a couple of grills around it. There is a really nice shuffleboard court. There are very few nearby activities. But this is a very good place for a relaxing, cheap, family beach vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Time_Lady
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is an average resort. If you get locked out they charge $25.00 to get in after 9:00PM, if you check out late they charge you $25.00. The staff is not the friendliest. We checked into the hotel at 4:00PM and given room 210, we went up to the room and unpacked then went to the beach. When we got back our key didn't work so I went to the front desk where I was told I was in the wrong room. Without our knowledge, the staff removed all of our belongings and moved us into room 209. Unfortunately they left my shorts hanging behind the door of the bathroom and the shorts contained my wallet and credit cards. Fortunately the people who were in 210 contacted me and I was able to retrieve my wallet. That aside, the location is very good but the rooms definitely need upgrading. We spent a week here and then went to the Vistana Resort next door for a week. It was like moving from a Motel 6 to the Plaza Hotel in NYC.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the ocean which is a great feature.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Stuart-North
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
#1 of 10 in Jupiter

Been to Turtle Reef Club? Share your experiences!