“Very good each visit”
Review of Get Hooked Grill

Get Hooked Grill
Ranked #6 of 95 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Port Richey, Florida
“Very good each visit”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Have been there a couple of times. Friendly staff, and they have hogfish which is rare because it can't be caught on a hook and line (spearfish only). One of my favorite dishes. Blackened is pretty hot, but if you like that, you will be happy.

Visited December 2012

Hudson, Florida
“I am....hooked!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Don't let the building deter you from dining here! My husband and I were looking for a new place to have dinner and this place came up on our google search so we thought, "what the heck". We went on a Friday evening and the inside was packed so we ate outside where there was a live band playing. We started with crab cakes and we both ordered the specials, stuffed grouper for me and grilled marlin for him. Both meals came with soup or salad and we both got the New England clam chowder. Before I go further, I am NOT a huge fan of seafood so I can be very finicky! The crab cakes came out and they were absolutely delicious. The only thing I think that could make these any better would be to have them a little "crunchier" on the outside, but that's just a personal preference. Next was the clam chowder and OMG!!! The clams were not rubbery, the texture was fantastic and since none of the potatoes or clams were uniform in shape and size, there is no mistaking that this soup is homemade! While we were raving to our waitress about how delicious everything has been, she admitted that service is a little slow this particular evening because "there were several large parties inside". The specials were next and neither disappointed. The grouper was very tasty and my husband asked me to try the marlin. After much hesitation, I stuffed the piece of marlin in my mouth and to my surprise, IT WAS DELICIOUS!! In fact, it was so good that I ended up "trading" him some of my stuffed grouper for more!
Now comes Saturday and the age old question of "what's for dinner tonight?" My husband's answer "I was thinkin' about going back." Well, without hesitation, I agreed. But this time I wanted both of us to try menu items so I could write a true review on this place. Saturday's dinner was started with the steamed muscles. Not overcooked but a little bland - I like my muscles with garlic, but again, personal preference and the waitress did bring us some drawn butter. My husband ordered the Get Hooked Platter (grilled oysters, calamari, grouper and shrimp), I had the smoked pork tenderloin. Yes, I said smoked pork because not only does this place do seafood, but they have a full menu of smoked items (turkey, pulled pork, ribs, etc.) The chowder was a must have again this day and once again, it did not disappoint. Service was faster this evening so our waitress the night before was accurate in saying they were slowed down by the rather large parties inside and again, there was a live band playing outside. Out comes the entrees, my pork was juicy with some brown gravy poured over and it was a large portion. But the true test was the platter with calamari because most places overcook it and it turns into rubber (which is why I don't usually eat it). Low and behold, Get Hooked did not disappoint - everything on my husband's platter was made perfectly and again it was one of the best meals we've had in a loooong time! We can't wait until family is in town so we can share this find with them.
Oh and I don't want to leave out that the owners were there both nights and they are both very friendly and personable which makes coming here even better. This has quickly become our favorite restaurant and we'll be going back!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Stacey D
spring hill,florida United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“get hooked will hook u”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

we (my s/o) are from the inland northwest i found a small add on a mailbox flyer and went here just to try. we feel in love they're dog friendly and the seafood is the freshest (they catch there're own)
the food is great the sever's are friendly and we keep going back

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jean O
Hudson, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh Fresh Fresh”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Wow, what a wonderful surprise. Clean, friendly and the freshest fish in all of Pasco County. Great menu selections more than just seafood, they also have burgers, bbq, steaks and much more. They also have live music on the weekends, just a great atomosphere.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Bobbie S
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Top notch seafood.”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The owners catch there own fish, It is always fresh. The fish spread is to die for. The oysters are huge. A great stop for seafood.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Phil S

Been to Get Hooked Grill? Share your experiences!