2 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE $42
CheapTickets$236
Travelocity$236
FindHotel$203
All reviews golf course great golf pro shop play golf in great shape ann marie la hacienda golf package breakfast buffet old florida spanish architecture las colinas resort club saturday night buffet elevation changes courses golfers
Selected filters
Reviewed December 9, 2018

This place needs to be gutted completely. Its quite obvious that the owner has zero desire to put any money in to this place. Shockingly enough though it is jam packed with private events - I just cannot fathom why unless it is so cheap or because it is in the middle of nowhere and has no local competition. What I found most disturbing during our stay for a wedding was that the staff was miserable - from the pro shop (you had to pay for tees lol, and they looked shocked when you asked for a towel or help with your clubs!) to the grounds crew on my morning run (very angry, no smile or hello), to the front desk stay early evening when asked about our wedding's schedule of events. The rooms are horribly outdated, shower head barely supplied a spray (def installed in 1980) and the room reeked of bleach when we arrived. The outdoor pool was FRIGHTENING! You could see where they tried to scrub the bottom of the pool and took off some of the cement/stucco liner that was disintegrating - it was either crazy dirty or just incredibly stained - i did not see 1 person venture in while i was there. What I found even crazier is that being in the middle of nowhere Florida, there were many times during our stay when no restaurant or bar (don't even think about a snack or coffee location anywhere onsite) was even open! One morning my husband walked in to the only restaurant open for breakfast onsite and asked for a cup of coffee. The place was so confused!! It was as if he was asking for a green juice. They literally did not know how to handle the transaction - how do you not have a place get a nice cup of coffee in the morning before a round of golf? I'm telling you unless you have some childhood connection to this place do NOT waste your money here on a "vacation" - food was average & it truly felt like I was transported back in time, and not in a good way. (Also golf course was in average condition, so again $$ isn't being put there either). All in all so so confused how this place is still in operation & I am not someone who only stays in high end resorts - I'm quite fine with a Best Western or a Courtyard, in fact I very much would have preferred one than staying at this scary miserable dump!

Room tip: no tip except do not expect to be able to sleep here on a fri or sat night. we overlooked the golf course and it was still crazy loud!
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
BudBeucher, General Manager at Mission Inn Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2018

Hello,

Susan W. We have read your review and are both disappointed and surprised. All our hotel rooms were remodeled last year with new mattresses/box springs, beds, dressers, nightstands, artwork, make-up mirrors, alarm clocks with USB ports, charging units, lamps, new doors, new keyless entry locks, new sliding glass doors, as well as having the rooms repainted and the ceilings plastered. Our Clubhouse, Nicker’s Restaurant, El Conquistador Restaurant, La Margarita Bar and La Hacienda Restaurant were all painted with custom colors and new carpet and decor. In the last 2 years we have spent well over 3 million dollars, and in the last 5 years we have spent 6 million in making improvements. As a family-owned and managed resort, that is no small re-investment in our business.

In the last 56 years we have built our business from a 168 acre public fee golf course to an 1100 acre destination resort with two award-winning golf courses. Our 100 year old plus historic El Campeon golf course consistently ranks in the top 10 of Florida’s 1500+ golf courses. Both courses hold a 4-star rating and have been recognized as “Best Places to Play”, North America, by Golf Digest. You mention that you were a guest of a wedding. Our resort has the distinctive honor of hosting 130 weddings per year. We have accomplished all of this by listening to our customers and reacting to the market.

I would like to invite you to call me so we can discuss your experience in more detail. Please call me at 352-324-3101 and ask for me.

Bud Beucher
General Manager/Vice-President
Mission Inn Resort & Club

Reviewed December 7, 2018

My wife and I stayed here again to play a round of golf the following day. All of the staff is very friendly, helpful and polite. We really enjoy staying here. The beds, pillows and comforters are like some sort of five star hotel - really a great place to overnight. The golf at El Campeon is amazing as usual.

Room tip: Numerous wings of the resort. San Angel was very quiet with nice views.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

I visited the Mission Inn with a large group for a wedding. The rooms were very clean and the beds and pillows were comfortable. The resort itself is beautiful. The staff were very friendly and helpful with any requests. The morning buffet was good - great waitstaff although the buffet itself was limited. The only complaints I had were that my room didn’t have a fridge (although some of my friends did), the elevators are quite slow, and the resort could use an upgrade (which I think is fair due to the fact that you actually pay fees to stay at the resort). Overall it was a very nice hotel to stay at.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 631alliee
Reviewed November 10, 2018

Absolutely loved this place!! We had a great room on the fourth floor with terrific views of the golf course. Scott at the front desk was extremely accommodating as we had arrived early for my son's practice round and check in was not until 4 pm. Not only did we get an earlier check in but we also got an upgraded room!! The room was spacious and clean with very comfortable beds. Would definitely recommend this resort as well as the golf course.

Room tip: Ground floor rooms have outside balconies
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Betsy N
Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

Difficult and excellent golf. 3 courses to choose from. They are sure to challenge every aspect of your game. Restaurants are all excellent and decently priced. Rooms are remodeled and beds are comfy. I have been here more then 7 times and will continue that trend.

Date of stay: October 2017