“Golf Experience”

Mission Inn Resort & Club
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I wanted to provide feedback regarding my golfing experience at your facility. My son and I were quickly accommodated to play on Sunday afternoon, February 14, 2010. I took my seventeen year old son from OH to FL to celebrate his Eagle Scout accomplishment and visit my mother. The course we played was Las Colinas with a tee time of 1:37 p.m. Please note the following comments:

As first time visitors, we received no information as to where to locate the starter after receipt of our invoice to pay 18 holes. Also, we were not informed of a golf scramble taking place and that it was scheduled to be a 9 hole event. The pace of play was very slow; it took 3 hours to play the front 9 holes.
Found the starter and was told what cart to take, but wasn’t provided any directions as to the location of the first tee and which group to follow. Also, we loaded our clubs onto the cart and were not offered to have clubs placed onto the cart by the starter.
We enjoyed the course layout and found it to be challenging and enjoyable
We were very disappointed in the course conditions. The tee box, fairways and greens had numerous bare spots. For the cost to play of $128.40, the course wasn’t reflective of this expense.

My son and I played the Legends at the LPGA International for a total of $86.00 and the course was in great shape. The Legends was very challenging and enjoyable along with the fact that the starters were very helpful and inquired if we had played their course before. Also, their starter made sure we knew where the first tee was located, placed our clubs onto the cart, discussed prior groups teeing off, location of practice greens and cleaned our clubs after the round. We played the Legends on Saturday, February 13, 2010 with a 2:00 p.m. tee time.

Also, the food on the course at the LPGA International was very good. For $6.00, we received a freshly made sandwich (ham or turkey with cheese) on wheat or white bread, a pickle spear and a bag of chips. The cost we paid for a sandwich on a bun was $5.00 at your course.

Again, you have a very nice facility, but with Gary Koch’s name assigned to the Las Colinas course, I was expecting conditions and amenities to be superior to what we encountered.

Mike, OH

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank VanBuren_OHMike

Reviewed March 9, 2010

Modern Spanish architecture, the bedrooms are spacious though perhaps not as attractive, they are comfortable. All the amentities are in the room.

What attracted me was the tennis program, which is great for kids but also adults.
You and your kids should probably play already as it's a serious tennis camp,
as it's associated with Justine Henin, a former world #1 player. Further information about the tennis side of things is available at:

As far as the rest of the resort goes, I hear the golf is great (but don't golf so can't say).
The food is excellent and reasonably priced. The pool and spa weren't crowded when I was there. The fitness centre and spa seem inviting, and the staff is friendly and helpful.

It seems that there are a fair amount of business groups there during the Wed/Thurs I was there. I can't say if there are a lot of families, however probably more on the weekend.

Along with the 6th Sense Tennis Academy there is a golf academy as well, so it would seem to me to be ideal for a family who is combining the Orlando attactions with some
sports involvement and improvement.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2009

The resort is VERY nice and laid back. It is in a secluded area with not much traffic and a peaceful setting. We stayed there for our anniversary and we enjoyed it a lot.
The only negative thing is that I had asked for a champagne and fruit platter to be placed in the room when we enter to surprise my wife but it wasn't there. So, I had to remind the reception to place it. They did place it before we came back in the night.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sodakuppi
Reviewed September 28, 2009

This hotel is off the tourist path. It was very quiet with lovely views of the golf course. The staff were friendly and responsive to our needs. The small playground was very nice for the kids. Pool well maintained. Sunday brunch was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2009

super stay, everything perfect, a little expensive. the hotel is in a charming little village on a most beautifull spot, surrounded by 2 18 holes golf courses. my son was attending a training with GGGA, so it was very confortable to stay. Diner and service at the retaurant was excellent. I don't know where the strange comments are coming from, I did not find any to complain about... possibilities to play Golf on an outstanding place, fitness and spa on site, possibility to jog walk and bikes available the region is very nice and calm. If you don't want to eat at the hotel there are enough places to go steackhouses, fish, pasta, bk or other..

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2009

The Mission Inn is amazing!!! A friend of mine lives nearby and recommended this hotel to some friends and I. The views are amazing, the food is great, and the service is awesome too! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The chicken caesar wraps at Nickers are so good! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a peaceful, relaxing, and enjoyable vacation/stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank lhsoftball19
Reviewed July 11, 2009

I recently stayed at the mission inn hotel with friends to visit one of my local friends. She had suggested I stay at the Mission Inn hotel. This was a great idea. The staff was welcoming and the hotel was beautitul. The food was much better than I had expected. Definitely go to Nikers and order a chicken caesar wrap!! My over all experience at the hotel was great! Absolutely go stay at the Mission Inn.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Howey in the Hills
Key West Resort on Lake Dora
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Days Inn & Suites Clermont
Days Inn & Suites Clermont
#10 of 17 in Clermont

Been to Mission Inn Resort & Club? Share your experiences!