I wanted to provide feedback regarding my golfing experience at your facility. My son and I were quickly accommodated to play on Sunday afternoon, February 14, 2010. I took my seventeen year old son from OH to FL to celebrate his Eagle Scout accomplishment and visit my mother. The course we played was Las Colinas with a tee time of 1:37 p.m. Please note the following comments:
As first time visitors, we received no information as to where to locate the starter after receipt of our invoice to pay 18 holes. Also, we were not informed of a golf scramble taking place and that it was scheduled to be a 9 hole event. The pace of play was very slow; it took 3 hours to play the front 9 holes.
Found the starter and was told what cart to take, but wasn’t provided any directions as to the location of the first tee and which group to follow. Also, we loaded our clubs onto the cart and were not offered to have clubs placed onto the cart by the starter.
We enjoyed the course layout and found it to be challenging and enjoyable
We were very disappointed in the course conditions. The tee box, fairways and greens had numerous bare spots. For the cost to play of $128.40, the course wasn’t reflective of this expense.
My son and I played the Legends at the LPGA International for a total of $86.00 and the course was in great shape. The Legends was very challenging and enjoyable along with the fact that the starters were very helpful and inquired if we had played their course before. Also, their starter made sure we knew where the first tee was located, placed our clubs onto the cart, discussed prior groups teeing off, location of practice greens and cleaned our clubs after the round. We played the Legends on Saturday, February 13, 2010 with a 2:00 p.m. tee time.
Also, the food on the course at the LPGA International was very good. For $6.00, we received a freshly made sandwich (ham or turkey with cheese) on wheat or white bread, a pickle spear and a bag of chips. The cost we paid for a sandwich on a bun was $5.00 at your course.
Again, you have a very nice facility, but with Gary Koch’s name assigned to the Las Colinas course, I was expecting conditions and amenities to be superior to what we encountered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The magnificent Mission Inn is located just 35 minutes north of Orlando. The resort offers easy interstate access to world famous attractions. On property we have two championship golf courses, tennis, trap and skeet, Spa Marbella, boating and fishing, and a variety of leisure activities that guests come to enjoy! It's All Here at Mission Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Mission Inn Resort & Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mission Inn Resort & Club Hotel Howey In The Hills
- Mission Inn Resort And Club
- Mission Hotel
- Mission Inn Resort & Club Howey In The Hills, Florida