TripAdvisor
Howey in the Hills
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews great golf golf courses are pro shop golf outing round of golf central florida rolling hills breakfast buffet the bread pudding la hacienda old florida long weekend spanish architecture tennis courts on site mount dora skeet shooting
Selected filters
Reviewed December 7, 2016

Okay, I'll admit...Howey-in-the-Hills is just a downright funny name for a town...but it's also pretty creative, and once you are driving thru downtown thinking about it a world class golf destination sneaks up on you. El Campeon is on par with any name course in the country, and Los Colinas is different enough to make a 36 hole day a worthwhile trip.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BudBeucher, General Manager at Mission Inn Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2016

Thank you for your review! Once you hear our town name, you definitely can't forget it! It is great to hear that you enjoyed playing both El Campeon and Las Colinas. We hope you venture out to Howey-in-the-Hills and visit us again!

Reviewed November 25, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful atmosphere. The staff was extremely pleasant, gracious, and eager to make our holiday a warm and caring experience. Mr. Weiss the Assistant Mgr. & his team made our day with their professionalism. I have gluten issues and had so many choices on the buffet, we will see you again for Christmas!

Trip type: Traveled with family
BudBeucher, General Manager at Mission Inn Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2016

What a great review! I will be sure to share your comments with our entire Food & Beverage team. We cant wait to see you at our Christmas Buffet!

Reviewed November 14, 2016

The two golf courses are phenomenal, with El Campeon being one of the best in the country. But the golf courses are only part of the experience. They have a number of restaurants that cater to all types of environments with top shelf food and service. Nickers is a great place to eat and drink, whether it is the 19th hole after a round of golf, or a casual lunch or dinner. La Margarita is a lively restaurant that serves a nice, moderately priced dinner with a small bar to sit and converse. El Conquistador is the high end neighbor, separated by a short hallway. Their menu is full of great steaks, seafood, and local fare. They have an outdoor, rooftop area that serves drinks and dinner, with a fire pit for cool evenings. Finally, La Hacienda is the restaurant that has a fun lunch and hosts their renowned breakfast buffet. The service at all these places are first class. The rooms and villas are well appointed. It is a 5 star, award winning resort that will make you want to return often.

Room tip: The Villas are great for a long weekend, with 2 bedrooms for couples or golfers. The hotel rooms are conveniently to the main grounds.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2016

Very busy hotel. They had 3 desk clerks upon check-in. I was greeted immediately.
My room was not far at all from the desk. The room was large - the halls are big as
well. This is an older hotel - not very well insulated. I could hear the shower above
me running. You heard a lot of noise from adjoining rooms. I liked the furniture in
the rooms. The 2 TV"s were an added touch. The resort is very spread out. The staff
was very friendly - they all spoke. I loved the marble in the bathroom. They did not
offer bars of soap - they had gel which did not work. The food outlets were great.
if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle this is the place to relax. I will
definitely be back here. I really enjoyed the balcony over looking the golf course. Keep up the good work.

Room tip: Get a room close to the front desk area. You have to walk a long way from the parking.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

A family owned an operated resort with a friendly staff. We attended a wedding and the food was terrific and staff very friendly. Although we live close by we stayed overnight in a very nice and well appointed room. The critical reviews about rooms are unfounded and without merit in my view. I've had worse in high level hotels at the beach and in Orlando.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank paulpL5699NB
BudBeucher, General Manager at Mission Inn Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2016

Thank you for your five-star review. We really appreciate the time you took to share your experience at Mission Inn Resort!