“Fabulous Find!!”

Mission Inn Resort & Club
Dallas, Texas
“Fabulous Find!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2009

I recently stayed at the mission inn hotel with friends to visit one of my local friends. She had suggested I stay at the Mission Inn hotel. This was a great idea. The staff was welcoming and the hotel was beautitul. The food was much better than I had expected. Definitely go to Nikers and order a chicken caesar wrap!! My over all experience at the hotel was great! Absolutely go stay at the Mission Inn.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
kmc06
Reviewed July 11, 2009

I'm a recent college graduate and my parents (and my friend's parents) treated us to a long weekend away as a graduation gift. We wanted to go to Orlando and experience the fun and fare, but did not want to deal with all the traffic and tourists of Orlando. We chose Mission Inn because it is in a small, quaint town, but also because it is only a short drive to Orlando and the theme parks. While we were at Mission Inn, we enjoyed the spa (BEST massage ever!) and a few different restaurants. The staff was amazing (having worked in a hotel myself) and they took excellent care of my friends and I. Our room was clean with a gorgeous view! Mission Inn is a fantastic place for a weekend getaway and I would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Chicaco, IL
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I was attending a conference and was told that this hotel was nice. Upon arrival I instantly knew this would not be a great experience. The hotel is VERY old and not very well upkept. The bathrooms have been renovated, but done very poorly. The tub spout wiggled and was not properly installed. When we found large beettles in our room we called the front desk to report the bugs. The front desk said "this is Florida they are everywhere. We were not satisfied with that response.
Also be prepared that this hotel is in the middle of nowhere. There is a very neat little town about 15 minutes away called Mt. Dora, but don't expect to find anything in Howey in the Hills.
In all fairness, I am not a golfer. I have been told that I would appreciate it more had I gone golfing.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank SnowBunny999
florida
Reviewed May 16, 2009

We had our wedding at the Mission Inn last May and I am so pleased that we did. From the service to the delicious food everything was amazing. They took care of every detail and our wedding went perfectly. We also had our rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding and the food and service was good then too. The resort itself is in Howey-in-the-Hills and you feel as if you aren't in Central Florida, but in a very secluded place. The hotel rooms were newly updated, clean and the views were beautiful. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a weekend getaway or who is planning a special event. I plan on coming back very soon and I can't wait!! Thank you so much for such a beautiful wedding weekend!

• Stayed May 2008
tampa bay
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Friends referred us to the Mission inn and we were absolutely delighted with the place.
We were there with 9 other families for a baseball tournament.
The check in was smooth, our room was wonderful overlooking the golf course outside a nice small balcony. Beautiful stone throughout the room and bathroom.
Being that there were many baseball kids running around the staff handled everything very professional.. No problems what so ever they couldn't do enough for us.
I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling down to Leesburg area. It is kind of tucked away but well worth the extra few miiles!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Orlando
Reviewed March 30, 2009

I recently read a review by someone who, based on his/her comments, must have stayed at a different resort. We had an amazing experience. We were there to attend a wedding and took full part in all the resort had to offer. The golf course was difficult but fun. The spa was the best!! Best stone massage I've ever had and the couples room and shower is incredible. The food was excellent! and the staff was friendly and welcoming. We attended a rehearsal dinner of more than 80 people and from this guests perspective it went off without a hitch. The food was amazing and the service excellent. We also had breakfast twice and lunch.........out by the pool that was just perfect. Our room was clean and well appointed. We stayed in one of the club suites which I guess is a bit larger than the regular rooms. Ours overlooked the golf course and a pair of osprey's nesting.......it was beautiful.

We loved the place and will be back!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Scotland
Reviewed March 27, 2009

We spent five nights here, had a lovely time. To sit on the balcony of an evening watching the golfers on the 17th fairway trying to negotiate the water, was a joy. The staff were pleasant the food good. Not having the pancakes and eggs sitting congealing on a hot plate is a plus. Yes it's not brand spanking new with pristine carpets etc., but our room was clean and the bed very comfortable . Another joy was watching the nest of two bald eages, and the odd alligator (from a distance).

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Howey in the Hills
Key West Resort on Lake Dora
Lakeside Inn
Lakeside Inn
#2 of 5 in Mount Dora
Quality Inn and Suites Mount Dora
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Best Western Plus Lake County Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares

Been to Mission Inn Resort & Club? Share your experiences!